Babies: 3 - 6 Months

Baby rolling on tummy in sleep

My LO has started rolling on his tummy in his sleep. Everytime this happens (about every 30 minutes last night) he starts crying until I come and turn him over. He can rollover from front to back on his own but he just doesn't. I finally moved him to his rock and play. I'm just wondering what others have done in this situation. Did LO just grow out of it?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Baby rolling on tummy in sleep

• Yes, it's a phase he will get over in a few days, maybe a week.  The rolling often disturbs sleep for a bit but he might even start sleeping on his belly. This might mean better and longer stretches too! It did for us. 

• Does he only roll one way?  Our little guy usually rolls to his left, so when we lay him down, we lay him all the way on the left side of the crib (no bumper) so he doesn't have anywere to roll to.  That seemed to keep him on his back. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Does he only roll one way?  Our little guy usually rolls to his left, so when we lay him down, we lay him all the way on the left side of the crib (no bumper) so he doesn't have anywere to roll to.  That seemed to keep him on his back. 
    That is a good idea! He does only roll one way so we will try that tonight! Thank you for the advice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• You're welcome!  Good luck:)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • My LO is doing the exact same thing!  It is good to see I am not alone :)  
  • yes I promise it gets better:)
  • It was making my DS mad the first couple mornings when he was doing it but last night he rolled over to his tummy right away and stayed that way until morning.  He was getting up around 6am but slept until 7am this morning so maybe he likes it better.  Who knows!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"