Pregnant after 35
Options

How long before BFP?

Hi,

Can you tell me how old you are and how long it took you to conceive naturally? I'm 35 and a half and going to start next moth to ttc. I know its very individual, but I'd like to get some feedback anyway. I'm a little concerned about how long it may take since i'm now officially AMA. Thanks!

Re: How long before BFP?

• Options
    Hello.  We were very fortunate in conceiving quickly, either the first or 2nd month trying each time.  Unfortunately, we had a series of early losses before this one stuck.

Best of luck to you.
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    3 months both times (@36 & 37)
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFruit Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1 month at 36, got lucky :)
  • Options
    First try at 37. A few months at 40.

If you want to speed things up, check out fertilityfriend.com for charting and use Ovulation Predictor Kits (OPKs). The TTGP and TTC>35 board probably have a lot of good advice, too.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Lucky ducks here, first time at age 38!
  • Options
    1st time I was 34 and it took 2 cycles. 2nd time I was 36 and it took 8 cycles.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    3 cycles at 30, 12 cycles at 34/35. We went through testing since we had been TTC for 6 months when I turned 35. I was fine other then a bacterial infection which I found out later about. DH who was 31/32 while TTC #2 we found out had .5% morphology. He cut out alcohol, cut back on caffeine, did a detox with smoothies and tools bunch of vitamins that the doctor recommended. Once my infection was cleared up and DH had been on vitamins for 2 months we got our BFP. With #1 & 2 I charted the entire time and with #2 we used OPK. Good luck.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    conception at age 32- 8 cycles
    conception at age 34- 4 cycles
    conception at age 36- 2 cycles
    conception at age 38- 8 cycles

Varies for every one. The ones that conceived faster, I was doing low carb dieting FWIW
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16
  • Options
    We started trying in July 2012 and I had my first bfp after the second cycle. Unfortunately, that pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage at 8 weeks.

This time around, we had been trying for more than a year and we were working with a reproductive endocrinologist. I had made some lifestyle changes, but did end up conceiving naturally. (I am 38.)

CafeMom Tickers

January PAL siggie challenge; Good advice:

• Options
    13 months with one loss, I was 39 when we sttc and now 41.  Best wishes
  • Options
    Well, I am not sure if you want to take my response into account as we did seek medical help, although our conception was considered "spontaneous" as far as my RE was concerned. However, I still technically had Clomid in my system from the prior month's failed cycle. It took us 3 years--from age 34 to 37--to conceive. We did a few medicated cycles during our third year, but were taking a break the month we got pregnant. 

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    3rd month 2 months shy of 31, 2nd month at age 33 and 2nd month at age 35 (will be 36 next month).

photo b56c04be-4eeb-442e-afb5-397708ea1118.jpg

• Options

I hope this post brings you the luck it brought me! I posted something similar in December and got my BFP in January!

DH and I are both 38. We have no known fertiltiy issues. DS #1 didn't take long at all, DS #2 took about 9 cycles and this time I got pregnant on cycle #5. My history is in my siggy.

Good luck to you!!

| <a href="http://www.fertilityfriend.com" style="font-size:smaller;" >Ovulation Tracker</a>[url=http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/43ff7d]
    [img]http://www.fertilityfriend.com/ticker/43ff7d/ttc.png[/img]
    [/
    RA with Sjogren's Syndrome. Risk of heart block in newborn. Age: DH and I are both 38.
    BFP #1: 11/25/2007, EDD 7/28/2008 - Missed m/c (blighted ovum) 12/6/2007 6w3d, D&C 1/3/2008.
    BFP #2: 4/2008 - Natural m/c at 6w.
    Met with RE in 5/2008 full cycle analysis and SA normal. Not considered high risk for blood clots but prescribed 1 baby aspirin a day precautionary during TTC and Progesterone suppositories during 1st trimester of pregnancy.
    BFP #3: 10/17/2008. EDD 6/23/2009,  Third time's the charm! Healthy baby boy born 6/27/2009 via emergency c-section.
    BFP #4: 6/14/2011. Healthy baby boy born 2/16/2012 via elective c-section.
    BFP #5: 1/15/2014. EDD 9/22/2014. 
    2/17/14:.We have a BABY!!! Heart rate 167 and measuring on time. 3/10/14 u/s #2 baby measuring perfectly at 12 weeks at heart rate of 166. NT u/s was normal. Maternit21 blood draw on 3/5/14. Results back on 3/19 - Normal.  It's a BOY!!!  4/10/14 at 16 weeks, 3 days discovered baby's heart stopped at 15 weeks, 6 days. D&C 4/11/14.  Pathology results were all normal.  New information on 8/11/14 - blood test revealed 1/3 of babys blood was in mine caused, most likely, by a tear in the placenta from extreme coughing.  Doctor believes this to be the cause of death.  Repeat D&C and Hysteroscopy scheduled for 8/19/14.  My Chart

• Options
    I conceived one week after my 40th birthday. It was literally our first attempt. 

Results may vary, obviously, but if you have no other health/infertility issues and you time it right (shoot for 2 days before ovulation) and you may be surprised how quickly it happens. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We decided to see what happened when we got married.  No birth control and no charting.  After about 8 months of nothing happening, we started using the Clear Blue Easy Fertility Monitor.  Everyone said give it 3 months for the monitor to really learn my cycle.  I got pregnant on cycle 3.  That pregnancy was a blighted ovum.  I had a d&c then started using the monitor on my next cycle and got pregnant at that time.  I was 37 when we started using the monitor and really trying.  I am now 28 weeks and 4 days.  I highly recommend the CBE FM!  It is a bit to invest in, but I really think we owe getting pregnant so quickly to the monitor :)

BabyFruit Ticker

image     image

• Options
    About 3 years, then miscarried.  Another 3.5 and baby is on the way.  :)
    Pregnancy Ticker

EDD: September 23
    PGAL: September 2010
    AMA:

• Options
    First try both times. Once I was 37, second time 39. Look at your family history. My grandmas both conceived naturally in their 40s, so I credit good genes for my luck. Both times I expected it to take at least 6 months. Ha! Man plans, God laughs. Best of luck to you.
  • Options

I am currently 36. DH and I were married on 11/4/11. I had been on birth control from the time I was 18 until we got married. I stopped the pill about 2 months prior to us getting married so we could start trying right away since we were both already 34. After I went off the pill my cycles became very irregular, I actually went 3 months w/out a period at one point. After trying for 6 months w/no luck I had a routine gynocologist appointment & discussed my issues w/him. The doctor drew some blood and my prolactin levels came back elevated, this is a sign of a benign tumor on the pituitary gland which causes increased prolactin production which basically causes your body to think you are pregnant but you aren't and therefore it keeps you from ovulating. I had to undergo further testing but was diagnosed w/a very small prolactinoma on my pituitary gland. I saw an endocrinologist who was able to put me on medication to help regulate the prolactin production. I started on that medication in Aug/Sept. of 2012 and got my BFP in July of 2013 and now here I am 8 months along!

I definitely never thought that I would have any issues getting pregnant because no one in my family or DH's family ever had any fertility issues. You really never know what your experience is going to be or what path you will need to take until you start trying. Best of luck to you!

Melissa

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"