Success after IF
Options

Stomach Bug

Sorry for TMI. DH woke up yesterday morning with an upset stomach which turned into upset stomach with chills. So right after work I got S from daycare and we went to my parents to spend the night. And then I woke up this morning with awful diarrhea, and made it back to our house, icy roads and all, in 20 mins so I could start throwing up here. This is awful. But my main concern is S. She's still at my parents and they said she is fine so far this morning. Is there anything we can do to try to prevent it from hitting her hard? I'm scared for her.
MF (low motility) - Began stims for IVF#1 7/21/12
ER 8/2/12 - 14 eggs retrieved, 12 mature and ICSI'd, 6 fertilized. ET 8/7 - 2 embies. Beta#1 8/17: 143! Beta#2 8/20: 590! Beta#3 8/22: 1,162! 1st US 9/4: one beautiful little bean with the best sounding HB I've ever heard!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Stomach Bug

• Options
    Ugh! Stomach bugs are the worst! I guess it's good she's still at your parents but not really sure what else you could do, at this point she either has gotten it and it's probably incubating or she didn't get it and all will be fine. Hope it doesn't last too long for you!
    TTC since August 2009
    Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
    SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
    HSG September 2010 All clear 
    1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
    IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
    Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
    TTC Blog
    TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
    HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
    Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
    Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
    the beauty of love as it was made to be"
    Mumford & Sons
  • Options
    Like eve said, she's already either been exposed or not. I wonder if some pedialyte now would keep her from getting as dehydrated if she does come down with it?
    We had it over Christmas so I know it sucks. Gl, and I hope it passes soon and LO doesn't get it.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh no. Yuck!! Hope S doesnt get it and that you feel better soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Feel better! Hope your LO stays well.
    Married 8/2008. IVF with PGD March 2013.
    3/22 ER: 25R, 20M, 15F. 9 genetically normal, and 3 survived to Day 5
    3/27 ET: transferred 1 embryo, beta 9dp5dt=163, 12dp5dt=639
    4/25 1st ultrasound at 7 weeks = identical twins with heartbeats?!!!
    PPROM at 31w, delivery at 32 weeks of two beautiful girls
  • Options
    Lots and lots of handwashing - those alcohol based hand sanitizers do NOTHING for the stomach bug.  And cleaning up your bathroom/house with a bleach based product (NOT clorox wipes - again, the wipes don't do anything for the stomach bug) will help to get rid of it.  Unfortunately, it can live for a while on surfaces, so cleaning the best you can and washing your hands is the best you can do.  And don't share food or drinks with her for at least a week.  Good luck.  The stomach bug is the absolute worst!!!
    TTC#1 = Success on Cycle#19 with Clomid/trigger/b2b IUIs; beta#1 (15dpiui) 200, #2 (18dpiui) 433, #3 (22dpiui) 2356; TTC#2 = Surprise BFP 9/2009; TTC#3 = m/c at 6 wks, 10/29/11; BFP#2 4/1/2012... Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Ditto @laura1 - great advice! FX that S stays healthy and that you start to feel better soon!

G got the rotavirus from her 6 month shots and she had explosive diarrhea for about 10 days. It turned into a horrific diaper rash BUT she never lost interest in her bottles, the pedi said that's the only major concern. If S should get it just push those fluids and use gobs and gobs of desitin (or anything with lots of zinc oxide), no wipes on her bum - rinse with a peri bottle and let her air dry! Also, the pedi said to layer cortisone under the desitin to help with any itchy skin that was healing. We only diapered her at bedtime. GL!!
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

• Options
    Ugh! Stomach bugs are the worst! I guess it's good she's still at your parents but not really sure what else you could do, at this point she either has gotten it and it's probably incubating or she didn't get it and all will be fine. Hope it doesn't last too long for you!
    This is what I would say too.
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"