Health & Exercise

CHALLENGE #15: 1/24 - 22 Days of Fitness & Health

BumpJackieBumpJackie member
edited February 2014 in Health & Exercise
Four for the Core.

Workout by Micky Marie Morrison, perinatal fitness expert and author of Baby Weight: The Complete Guide to Prenatal and Postpartum Fitness.

These four simple moves isolate the muscles weakened the most during pregnancy, helping to prepare the body for childbirth and to recover muscle tone after baby.

Single Knee Lift- Lying on your back with knees bent, press your low back flat. Inhale as you lift one knee up toward your chest. Exhale to lower the foot back to the floor. Be sure to keep your low back glued to the floor throughout the exercise. Repeat for 8-10 reps on each side.

Straight Leg Raise- Lying on your back with knees bent, press your low back flat. Inhale as you straighten one knee. Exhale to lower the foot down toward the floor but not quite touching the floor. Inhale to lift the leg back up tot he height of the opposite knee. Keep the low back flat for the whole exercise. Repeat 8-10 reps on each side.

Toe Taps- Lying on your back with knees bent and feet up so that your shins are parallel to the floor (like making a table top with the shins). Inhale as you press your low back flat. Exhale to lower one foot down toward the floor to tap the toes, inhale to lift the leg back up to the "table top" position. Repeat on the opposite side, for 8-10 reps on each side. Be sure to keep your low back flat for the entire exercise.

Bridge- Lying on your back with knees bent and feet close to your seat, press through your feet to lift your hips up off the floor. Hold for 2-4 breaths. While at the top, also engage the pelvic floor muscles for a Kegel contraction, holding that contraction through one full breath. Lower the hips down slowly.

Repeat 8-10 reps.

Follow The Bump on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Re: CHALLENGE #15: 1/24 - 22 Days of Fitness & Health

• I will definitely will be doing this, postpartum tummy needs some work ;)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicimageimagePregnancy Ticker
    August '15 January Siggy Challenge "Favorite Mean Girl" 
    Marianne Bryant - Easy A
  • Getting that belly in gear :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic               
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I just did them... wow I feel the burn!
  • My tummy is the area that needs the most work. These were hard to do! Will be adding these to my routine.
  • I'm going to be starting these up as soon as my pregnant back spasm heals. this has been the hardest 4 days of my pregnancy,, each day ending in tears of pain, feeling like a failure, in accomplishment, ugly role model, and just plain gross.
    I've never had an injury before & I pray pray it goes away,, and doesn't return. hopefully these core exercizes will help!
    thank you

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"