Health & Exercise
Options

I can't wait to move (advice please)

Periodically in my adult life, I have enjoyed jogging. I'm fond of jogging after sundown, particularly in the summer. Since 2003, I have lived in thirteen different towns in three different states. Twelve out of the 13 places, I felt completely safe jogging by myself at any time of the day. The 13th place is my current town and the first place I own instead of rent. Sucky thing is, it is not a safe area to be jogging at night especially solo and sometimes during the day. I can't jog with my dog. I've tried but he cuts you off or randomly stops...not very conducive to safe jogging (for me or him). My husband has zero interest in jogging with me and my friends are either too far, have conflicting schedules, or have no interest in jogging. Plus, I've always had a "flying solo" enjoyment of jogging and find it therapeutic to do it alone.

What would you do?
A) Jog on a treadmill at the gym
B) Jog during the day whenever possible (I work 2 jobs) which would make it sporadic
C) Jog with something to protect yourself (pepper spray or something else) and hope for the best
D) ________________________________________________

Thanks in advance.
Oh and anyone looking to buy a house? I'll give you a deal.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I can't wait to move (advice please)

• Options
    Invest in dog training!
  • Options
    You don't even need to invest in training, unless you're talking about time. I taught my dog how to "run" with me by starting with short distances- .25 miles and rules: no sniffing, no marking, no pulling, etc. Once he got that distance down, I'd increase. Repeat until you're comfortable that he knows the rules regardless of distance.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is an old post so I don't know if you'll see this, but I live in a sketchy neighborhood too and I trained my dog to run with me, carry mase (in my hand, and know how to use it), and look at everyone's face I see for two seconds or so (so they know I know what they look like). Also, my dog was awful for at least a month, but I kept at it (not letting her cut me off, stop suddenly, etc.) and one day she just got it, and it's been smooth sailing ever since. Also they make reflective dog vests. Best wishes-
    Code snippet: HTML, Used for websites, email and some forums. Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"