Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Walking Issue

DS will turn one in a week.  I am posting my question here since he was an early walker.  He has been walking for 2.5 months and suddenly in the last 2 days has stopped walking and is barely crawling.  He is doing this both at home and daycare.  He used to walk everywhere and never sit still.  He has been teething for the past several days and extra clingy.  He has also had a low grade fever but I've attributed that to the teething, but it's possible he's also sick since there is so much going around.  Has anyone else experienced a sudden stop in walking in an active baby?  Is it possible it's an injury if he doesn't otherwise seem in pain?  Is it possible it's just a behavioral issue?  I'd appreciate any insight anyone has!  I'd like to avoid taking him to the doctor so he doesn't pick up something but I also have no idea why he has stopped walking.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Walking Issue

• I second the pedi. I'd do it ASAP too.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Thanks for the input.  I have a call in to the ped and am waiting to hear back.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I hope you get it figured out quickly.

imageimageimage
  • Possibly aches and pains from a virus or flu? Either way you did the right thing by calling.
    imageimage
  • OP what did your pedi say?  Did you bring him in?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby #2!

BabyFruit Ticker 

• Could you let us know how he's doing?

imageimageimage
  • OP, please update when you can! Hope everything is ok!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage
  • Whoops, I forgot to reply to this before.  It turned out that DS had strep, which was causing inflammation in his hip.  This is an uncommon symptom of strep, but does sometimes happen.  DS was eating fine and only ever had a very low fever, so I definitely wasn't expecting him to have strep. It was a little scary because they couldn't rule out a more serious infection of the hip until he started getting better from the antibiotics, but fortunately he started getting better about 48 hours after taking the antibiotics and started walking again about 72 hours later.  Within a week he was completely back to himself :)  Thanks for your input!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"