September 2014 Moms

worrysome symptoms

So, I'm pretty sure I ovulated 12/24, and looking back THOUGHT I must have implanted on 12/29 because I had this horrible sharp pain in my right side that made me hunch over; I thought to myself at the time "if this keeps up I'm going to ER," that's how bad it was, but then it went away after about five minutes. 

Now checking dates, I realize that there was no way that was implantation, and I doubt I'd have even been able to feel it. Since then, I've had on and off crampy pain only on the right, and pretty infrequent; right now it feels like it's more in the back of my hip than anywhere. 

Otherwise, I have only tiredness and increased peeing symptoms, mild breast tenderness. I am so worried about ectopic....I know you guys aren't doctors but I'm wondering if anyone else has had right cramps on and off and had it NOT be ectopic? 

I'm healthy..I have no medical concerns. This is my first pregnancy. TIA

Re: worrysome symptoms

• no it's not severe pain, but its certainly only one sided. I'm wondering if that pain I felt prior to BFP was implantation in my Fallopian tube :( 
  • A woman posted about her ectopic pregnancy and how it felt, I believe she said it was very painful,, never went away and worsened, so hopefully you're fine. Ask your doctor thought if it keeps up. It's probably just your stretching UTE
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Loading the player...
  • When is your first apt? I really wouldn't worry about the cramping lots of us are experiencing that symptom.

• edited January 2014
    If the pain is that bad definitely call your doc! But just to ease your mind a bit, myself (with my first pregnancy) and a few friends had similar issues (my 2 girlfriends actually went in for u/s they were so worried). All of us had healthy, normal pregnancies.

If the pain is associated with movement/sneezing etc, it could also be round ligament pain.

If you are worried please do call your doc just to be safe though. Best of luck!!

• First appt is Friday..are lots of you having cramping only on one side?
  • I remember with my first having pains on my right side.  I was super worried about it, but the pain went away after a few weeks, and my doctor said pain comes with pregnancy.  If it gets unbearable, or if you are super worried, check with your doctor.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • next friday, not tmrw!
  • shutaffshutaff member
    edited January 2014
    I had cramps so severe that I went to the ER... and they said it was normal. Definitely get it checked if you are so worried that you can't focus on anything else, but know that unless you are in can't stand up, continuous pain or having a lot of bleeding, it is probably just your uterus stretching.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BabyName Ticker
  • I told my RE about my pain I was only having on my right side. He said it was the side I ovulated from and the pain can continue during first few weeks of pregnancy
    BFP 7/13 ended 9/13 MMC BFP 1/14 BabyFruit Ticker
  • I feel pains more on one side. I'm thinking it's normal though ❤️
    Kristen
    ..due with #4 on September 22..
  • thank you all soooo much for responding..I feel so reassured knowing that other people are having cramping on one side more than the other. 
  • I just read this:

As for the cramping, is it on the side? Near your ovaries? Then it's a very good sign. The ovaries form a cyst, called a corpus luteum cyst, after the egg is released. Until the pregnancy becomes fully established and the embryo/sac/placenta start pumping out the necessary hormones to keep the pregnancy going, that cyst on your ovary performs that task and pumps out the hormones. The cyst can get pretty large, and can hurt quite a bit, but it's just doing its job. It will start to shrink over the next month or so. 

ANNNDDD...done internet searching. lol Hopefully this helps someone else, too :)
  • I had bad cramping on the left side with DS. I mentioned my concerns to my ob and he did an u/s just to be sure.
    "As soon as I saw you I knew an adventure was going to happen." ~Winnie the Pooh
  • Cramping early in pregnancy is completely normal; however, if you are doubling over in pain or if the pain is only on one side than you will want to call your doctor! 
    Me: 30 Him: 33
    Married: August 2012
    BFP #1 9/2013 -- MC 10/2013
    DD: 9/22/2014

• I just read this:

As for the cramping, is it on the side? Near your ovaries? Then it's a very good sign. The ovaries form a cyst, called a corpus luteum cyst, after the egg is released. Until the pregnancy becomes fully established and the embryo/sac/placenta start pumping out the necessary hormones to keep the pregnancy going, that cyst on your ovary performs that task and pumps out the hormones. The cyst can get pretty large, and can hurt quite a bit, but it's just doing its job. It will start to shrink over the next month or so. 

ANNNDDD...done internet searching. lol Hopefully this helps someone else, too :)
    This helps me beyond belief! I've had a full throb under my left hip bone today and since I'm still at risk for an ectopic per my OB until my viability scan on Monday I've been freaking out. However I do know from my first ultrasound that I have a cyst on my left ovary. Thus pain! Oh sweet relief!

Me: 28 
    DH: 34

IUD out 8/29/13 and TTC since then.
    BFP 12/29/13
    Bleeding 1/17/14 with LO showing 10 days smaller.
    NMC 1/26/14

Continued trying every month. Began seeing RE 7/2014.

12/2/14 got first Rx for Clomid for following cycle.
    12/3/14 BFP!!!
    No heartbeat at 8w4d. D&C scheduled for Jan 7, 14 

• I had similar symptoms on my left side with cramping pain 6 out of a 0-10 scale. This was from weeks 4-6, I called my MD and they said if it's ectopic I would have severe pain, n/v/d, pain at the top of my shoulder and bleeding. They said to go to the ER if that's the case otherwise drink more water for the cramping . That pain went away after 6 weeks.
  • I would call your doctor tomorrow and describe your symptoms. It is all most likely ok, but just call to be sure.  GL and prayers everything is ok.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"