LGBT Parenting

Names?

Hey just wanted to see if you guys could help with names? We are still a few weeks away from finding out what we are having but we do know that if its a boy he will be named after us.My first name is Samantha and my partners is Heather so his name will be Samuel Heath. However if its a girl we want her to have the same initials as her older sister. Our daughter's name is Adasyn Makylin Ma-kai-lynn yes we like different :) We have both agreed on Averie for a first name but can't seem to find a M middle name we both like.We played around with Macaiden and Macnally but i just wanted to see what ya'lls imaginations could come up with .Thanks again :)

Re: Names?

• I'm a fan of names that aren't super popular, but I also don't think I will be any help because I'm not a fan of making up names. You might try the baby name board. Good luck!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• I quite like Avery (standard spelling)....it was on my list of names for awhile.  But I am generally not a fan of "Mc/Mac" names (incl.  Makenna, Michaela, and the like....).      That said,

Avery Magdalene
    Avery Matilda
    Avery Melissa
    Avery Morgan
    Avery Melinda

"M" names don't really fall on my favourite lists often, though Matilda and Melissa are among my GP names.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Loading the player...
  • edited January 2014
    I like pretty traditional names but Matilda is high on our list, and if you dig funky spellings, the French spelling, Mathilda, could work (I love this spelling but we don't want our kid having to correct people, but for a m.n., nbd, because people aren't using it much).

These are n.m.s. but here are some ideas:

Avery Morgan
    Avery Maeve
    Avery Margo
    Avery Mahalia

check out nameberry dot com girls names starting with m.

Last, I know siblings who all have the same middle, and I kinda like that! You could use the same one. :)
    Lil'mamaz was born on Aug 21, 2014! She's PERFECT!

It's been a long road to here...
    Me (43) and J (45) - same sex couple. And we don't feel 40+!
    June'12 - First RE Visit
    Sept. '12 - Tubes removed
    Dec. '12 - Donor Egg/Donor Sperm IVF Cycle - 4 good embies!
    Dec. '12 - Fresh transfer, BFP! EDD 8/29/13
    Mar. '13 - Missed m/c at 16w1d, baby boy stopped growing at 15w4d
    Loss due to umbilical cord clot...baby was perfect. :(
    Jul '13 - FET#1 - c/p
    Sept. '13 - FET#2 - BFN
    Dec.' 2, 2013 - FET#3 with our last chance embie - BFP!!!
    Dec' 26, 2013 - hb!!
    EDD 8/20/14 with a baby girl!
    Little S was born on 8/21/14 - 8lb, 14 oz and 20 inches long.
    We live in Seattle and used SRM for our donor egg IVF cycle

imageimageimageimage

• lol thanks :) i guess we will keep looking. Part of me wants a boy just for the name.It was so easy coming up with Addy's name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"