Single Parents
Options

Sad vent :(

From day one, DD always daddy's little girl...to her, daddy hung the moon and the stars and lit the night sky. It was so wonderful. He was such a great dad.

I've kept my feelings about XH to myself and we've been incredibly amicable in her presence. I don't even talk about him to others while she's in earshot, because I want her to still respect him (and it's not right to burden her with that). But last night, I was trying to get her to Skype with him and she says, "No. I don't want to talk to Daddy. I have the worst Daddy ever. I hate him."

Breaks my heart to see her struggle with that bond being broken. She never really verbalized it that way until last night but I can tell she is angry. And she has a right to be...I validated that to her last night. I told her it's okay to be mad. That not being able to see Daddy all the time anymore just plain sucks and it's not fair. And she cried a bit and I rubbed her back and told her that even though Daddy's not around, I will always, always be there .

She was feeling much better this morning. As much as it sucks to have lost the teammate I've had for the last 13 years, it sucks more for her to have lost her daddy and best friend. 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Throwing leaves <3

Re: Sad vent :(

• Options
    Im so sorry. I hope he makes an effort to still be there for your guys little girl.

Im glad you validated her feelings. I think that its important, and im glad she has you as such an awesome mommy.

I know its tough now but it will get better. Hugs.
  • Options
    He's planning to come and visit us two weekends a month...but I doubt that's realistic over the long term. It's a 10 hour drive from where he moved to us, so pretty much by the time he'd get here on Saturday he'd have time to sleep, play for a couple hours, get up and turn around and drive back on Sunday so he can go to work on Monday. He asks to Skype with her almost nightly and she almost always says no. I can coax her into it sometimes but I try not to force it because that makes her even angrier.

I know it'll get better, it just sucks to see your baby hurting.

Throwing leaves <3
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    tig594tig594 member
    edited January 2014
    I hope it gets better for you both soon.  Here, have some hot chocolate with a shot of schnapps.    ~O)
  • Options
    tig594 said:
    I hope it gets better for you both soon.  Here, have some hot chocolate with a shot of schnapps.    ~O)
    And this is why I love this board. :)

Throwing leaves <3
  • Options
    And we love you!
  • Options
    Ah man. :( This sounds a lot like my future. Hang in there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"