One & Done: Only child
Options

Recommend your MakeUp

Usually I use mary kay, but seeing as how you have to order an wait I will buy drugstore make up as well.

I really love the BB creams. They seem to give me a good moisturizer with a bit of coverage. I have been using maybeline, however last night I bought the garnier anti aging BB cream and I LOVE IT!  I got the maybeline matte pressed powder to go over it, and I feel like I got good coverage without the heavy cakey feel of regular foundation. 

What makeup do you use? I am always willing to try something new! 

Re: Recommend your MakeUp

• Options
    eyenigheyenigh member
    edited January 2014
    I use a lot of Estee Lauder because I get it free (my mom works for them) but for eyeshadows and liners, I prefer Urban Decay. I'm very allergic to most lipsticks but there's a stain by Jane Iredale that is fantastic and I wear that pretty much everyday-- it goes on like chapstick and it's super smooth, not dry or paint-like at all but there's a few Stila lip glosses that I can tolerate, too. I also like Dior Show mascara since it's a nice dry formula. I find some mascaras to be just too wet.

Edit: Urban Decay also makes some very nice light foundations (the Naked line) that give you a tad more coverage that just a BB cream (if you need it) but are very sheer and feel like almost nothing. I also hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my face but BB cream and powder won't last a work day for me!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    I'm kinda cheap so I usually just buy whatever's cheapest when I need it.  Which means a lot of brand jumping.  I did buy a bottle of Arbonne foundation once and it was fantastic.  I recently ran out (it lasted forever!) and I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for another bottle even though, in my head, I know that I'll spend that or more buying the cheap stuff in the time that one Arbonne bottle would last me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh, and right now I'm using a Cover Girl BB tinted moisturiser.  I like how it feels but I think I need a tad more coverage.
  • Options
    I'm kinda cheap so I usually just buy whatever's cheapest when I need it.  Which means a lot of brand jumping.  I did buy a bottle of Arbonne foundation once and it was fantastic.  I recently ran out (it lasted forever!) and I just can't bring myself to pay $50 for another bottle even though, in my head, I know that I'll spend that or more buying the cheap stuff in the time that one Arbonne bottle would last me.
    I have used this as well. I love it but I'm with you on the "holy hell" it's expensive! 
  • Options
    eyenigh said:
    I use a lot of Estee Lauder because I get it free (my mom works for them) but for eyeshadows and liners, I prefer Urban Decay. I'm very allergic to most lipsticks but there's a stain by Jane Iredale that is fantastic and I wear that pretty much everyday-- it goes on like chapstick and it's super smooth, not dry or paint-like at all but there's a few Stila lip glosses that I can tolerate, too. I also like Dior Show mascara since it's a nice dry formula. I find some mascaras to be just too wet.

Edit: Urban Decay also makes some very nice light foundations (the Naked line) that give you a tad more coverage that just a BB cream (if you need it) but are very sheer and feel like almost nothing. I also hate the feeling of heavy foundation on my face but BB cream and powder won't last a work day for me!
    I rarely wear make up, but we have a lot of interaction with clients so it's nice to look a bit more professional. Also I like the BB cream b/c being a redhead i have pale sensitive skin and I like the sun protection!! 

I will have to look into this though. I would like anything light and sheer! 
  • Options

I started  using Bare Minerals a few years ago and haven't used anything else since. It is really a great system. I use other less expensive stuff i pick up at the drug store for mascara.

I love their glosses and eye shadows-not just the foundation! (sorry for sounding like a commercial)

• Options

@ peanutrach1- I have really sensitive skin too as does my mom. We have both  found that Origins eye products are great for being hypo-allergenic. It's actually the only product my mom can use.

• Options

I have very sensitive skin so I am particular with what I get and rarely deviate b/c of allergic reactions with other stuff.

Foundation/lipstick/lip liner/bronzer/blush - Bare Minerals

Mascara/eye liner/lip gloss - Clinique

Eye shadow - Urban Decay (although I might have to change soon b/c my eyelids are starting to get itchy...sad b/c I love this stuff)

peanutrach1 Have you tried a hypoallergenic eyeshadow primer? On top of my overly sensitive lips, my skin and eyes are kind of sensitive, too and the primer seemed to help when I started having problems with some shadows. Sometimes it's in the pigment itself and not the brand. Anything orange-red based for me is a guarantee of a reaction somewhere no matter what the brand.

• Options

I'm really naive about makeup, I barely wear any except for once in a while.  What is a BB cream?  And I have the worst time figuring out foundation, powder, concealer with my skin tone.  The last time I went to a makeup counter to get some advice, I left looking like a clown.  Wearing a lot of makeup.  ;-)

• Options
    I love Dr Jarts BB cream. It has SPF 40 in it. I also love the Naked Pallette. I went back and forth on it for the longest time. I love it. I hope around on blush and mascara. I'm using They're Real! right now. I like it but don't think I'll repurchase.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Add me to the Bare Minerals group! I use their mineral veil, foundation, concealer, and lipsticks. For eye shadow I use the Almay combo for blue eyes, for eye liner and mascara I use loreal.

• Options
    I use a combination of Mary Kay and Arbonne, but only because my mom sells both so I buy it for about 50% off. 
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"