2nd Trimester
Options

Enormous Appetite!

My appetite has been enormous, and I fear that I eat entirely way to much, even when I drink plenty of water.  I don't eat to unhealthy, a good mix of foods.  What have others done to curb your appetite? Do you just eat? I worry that I will gain to much weight or end up with gestational diabetes.

Re: Enormous Appetite!

• Options
    Ditto to the above. I just eat when I am hungry. As long as you monitor your weight and eat healthy food, you should be good!

Married - 12/2011  TTC #1 - 8/2013 

BFP - 10/14/2013 EDD June 20, 2014

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    If you're hungry, eat! It will taper off at some point. I go through phases - one week I'm ravenous, the next I can barely eat three bites all day. And once you hit the third trimester, there's no room for food anyway. It all balances out in the end. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I eat a ton lately, too.  Though this week is much better than last week.  For some reason, I am not as hungry all the time.  Still, my appetite and food obsession is way bigger than normal these days :)

• Options
    I was the original poster, I posted on a name I used for the knot, oops. But thank you everyone for sharing, the amount I have eating and as pp called it food obsession, has been crazy! That is a good term to use, I told hubby, I felt like I had a food addiction!
  • Options
    I've had a relentless appetite this last couple of weeks. I was worried about my weight, but it turns out i've only gained 10lbs this whole pregnancy (i'm 25.5wks) so i think my body is just catching up. Just do what your body tells you. Unless your body tells you to eat a ton of sushi and blue cheese. 

09/23/11 - Married DH

04/01/13 - BFP at 4wks

05/30/13 - MMC - BO @ 12wks 5d

08/29/13 - BFP @ 4wks 4d

09/17/13 - 7wks 2d - Normal HB Detected! Baby measuring perfect for dates and positioning!  

10/23/13 - 12wks 3d - Perfect NT scan! HB 167 & baby wriggling, waving & yawning!

12/17/13 - 20wks 2 d - We're having a beautiful baby girl! Go Team Pink!

05/03/14 - Bobbie Gloria was born at 39+6 weighing 6lb 14oz!

• Options
    I go in phases as well. Before I was pregnant I was the kind of person who picked at food all day and never really ate a full meal. 

Now I can out eat my husband all the time. But then I go back and forth from picking to eating the house lol! 

BabyFruit Ticker
    *~*Landon Robert Montoya*~*
  • Options
    Woops..I said this week was better in my pp.  True story:  I decided to eat 6 peanut butter cookies yesterday for an afternoon "snack" (mind you, I ate a normal lunch and breakfast), and was still ravenous for dinner.  I forced myself to go to bed when I started to get hungry again at 9:30 p.m.  The girls must be hitting a growth spurt!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"