Adoption
Options

ACR(?) meeting tomorrow.

I think that's what the SW called it. I have no idea what the letters stand for, but everyone involved in the case is invited (I think this is something that happens on a set schedule, like very few months. But I could be wrong). Which means if BM/BF actually show up I will be seeing them.
I'm nervous about possibly meeting them. I'm also nervous about any info that may come out in the meeting. It is so stressful always wondering what will come up next. Will a family member step up? Will the parents show up with proof they are bettering their lives (not likely since they haven't even made it to a visit)?
I'm crossing my fingers we leave the meeting feeling hopeful and not defeated.

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours

Re: ACR(?) meeting tomorrow.

• Options
    Here is stands for Annual Case Review and they are held every 6 months.  It is a meeting where the goals/progress towards the case goal are discussed.  When I was a caseworker, everyone would be invited, but foster parents were not allowed to sit in on the parents portion of the meeting, just on the kids portion.  Good luck & big hugs!  I doubt the birth parents even show up if they haven't made it to a visit...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks for the info! That sounds like what the SW briefly explained to me.

4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Good luck! Hope it goes well for you! 

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options
    Praying
    TTC since June 2010
    5 Angels

Lilypie - (hlC0)
  • Options
    msditz00msditz00 member
    edited January 2014
    The meeting went VERY well.  Neither Bio parent showed up.  Both DCF workers present stated that this case needs to go to TPR quickly.  We found out that an aunt who had called last week to inquire about taking the girls was not approved by DCF.  And the girl's paternal grandmother, who has their 3 full siblings, has declined to take them because the 3 she has are 7, 12, and 13 (or around those ages) and she is older with declining health.
    We also found out that if a family member DID come forward, they would not get Subsidized Guardianship, since in order to qualify they would have to prove they have a bond with the girls.  It seems that between not getting a subsidy and having to care for twins, no family is willing to take it on.
    The girls were born in November.  The caseworkers hope to start filing TPR by April/May.  Which would be awesome - I turn 30 in April, my husband turns 35 in May.  We thought our big present would be a trip to Disney.  Instead we may be getting Disney AND a chance at a judge allowing TPR to at least be presented.  It could take a while for it to be granted, but we will just celebrate one victory at a time!  (When we first got the girls I felt horrible for BM and BD.  But the more I find out about them and the number of children they lost custody of, combined with the fact that they have not seen the girls since birth, makes me just want these girls safe from them. I know as a foster parent I should be more objective, but I just can't do it.)

• Options
    Fingers crossed for you!  

J&B // Married 9/19/09
    J: 28 // B: 32 

TTC # 1 Since October 2010 (Not preventing since 2009)
    November 2013: Applied & Accepted by the Agency
    January 2014: Home Study, education class, Profiles
    February 2014: "Officially Waiting"
  • Options
    Continued good luck!
    10/27/07
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"