NWMR: Federal Pay Bands — The Bump
Working Moms

NWMR: Federal Pay Bands

I know there are a few federal government employees on this board - does any other know where the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) post their pay bands online?  Apparently they are different than the general federal GS pay bands, which is what DH is in now.  He is awaiting an offer from FAA and wants to get an idea of where his current salary compares.  I've searched and searched and haven't found anything.  He is an engineer if that helps.  Thanks!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

Re: NWMR: Federal Pay Bands

• Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

• @itsmevkb - I did find that today.  Thank you.  His current salary is between two of the pay bands so I guess we'll see what their initial offer is and try to compare it to that band based on his experience.

I did more research today and a lot of places online said that it is really hard to compare the GS system to the pay bands, which is essentially what he's trying to do.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• I am sure it is hard to compare two different systems.  From my experience, if they think you are worth it, they can make your job fit into the pay you want/they think you are worth.  Perhaps not right away but once you've been on the job for a while.  I hope he gets what he wants.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards