June 2014 Moms

Look what I got today!!

And it didn't cost me a dime thanks to my insurance!!

Re: Look what I got today!!

• That's awesome!
  • That's a nice one too!
  • Loading the player...
  • how did you get it for free from your insurance? I need a new one.

Thanks in advance

• how did you get it for free from your insurance? I need a new one.

Thanks in advance

Check with your insurance. My insurance company covers breast feeding supplies 100% with no deductible.

• Awesome!  I'm jealous because my insurance said they don't ship until the baby is here.  :(  I mean, I'll be able to use the hospital pump while I'm there and I guess they deliver pretty quickly, but I'd much rather get it now and get it all sterilized and ready.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I got a free one from my insurance also! I think its the ameda double electric. It comes with 150 storage bags and 2 bottles and you can order 150 storage bags every 90 days. I'm pretty pumped! Awesome this baby is coming before I am kicked off of my dad's wonderful insurance.
  • Ladies who don't have one yet and want one- check with the hospital you plan to deliver at.  I don't know if everyone does this, or just the hospital I work at, but we have breast pumps at the hospital and the paperwork packets pre-made for anyone who wants a breast pump.  It is a Medela Double Pump In Style and basically if a mom says she wants a breast pump and doesn't have one yet, we have her sign the papers and submit for them and give them the breast pump right there.  Like I said, I don't know if this is the norm or not, but it is worth asking about :)  

• Oh wow had no idea insurance would cover I'll check w mine! :) thx!!
  • I need to check on this! I think I remember reading that I can get mine one week before my due date. Wahoo for FREE!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• My insurance doesn't allow me to order my pump until after I've given birth, but I do get it for free! I'm very excited about that!
  • I have been told we can't pick ours up until after baby is delivered. What insurance do you have? Pretty awesome you go to pick it up already!

Favorite TV Mom: Tami Taylor
  • I have Aetna. And they allowed me to get it anytime during my pregnancy.
  • Congrats!! I love mine, very nice pump!
  • Sareynoo said:

Congrats!! I love mine, very nice pump!

I hope I love it! With my DS I had a cheap single electric pump and it was awful. I'm pretty sure that's why my breastfeeding didn't last longer than 6 months. I'm really really hoping to never have to use formula with this baby so a good double pump was a must on my list since I will be working full time.
  • Just called my insurance, they cover it 100% woot woot! Too bad I have to drive 20 miles to the store to get it, but it's worth it to get it for free

Baby #1: expected June 2014

Pregnancy Ticker 

• Hcb311 said:

Sareynoo said:

Congrats!! I love mine, very nice pump!

I hope I love it! With my DS I had a cheap single electric pump and it was awful. I'm pretty sure that's why my breastfeeding didn't last longer than 6 months. I'm really really hoping to never have to use formula with this baby so a good double pump was a must on my list since I will be working full time.
    I really like the ice pack and cooler in it, lol. It keeps the milk really cold and you won't need access to a refrigerator while at work. That's not the only thing I like about it of course!
  • Now HERE is something I can support about the "Affordable" Care Act! ;)
    imageimage
  • Stupid Tricare will only pay for it if the baby is born premature. Oh well! Congrats to you ladies who have already been approved for one!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
    June '14 September Siggy challenge- Favorite things about fall

• Wow, thanks for the heads up. I will check with my insurance!

• I thought it was part of affordable care act for those in US. I thought insurance had to cover or tax deduction of some sort.
  • I thought it was part of affordable care act for those in US. I thought insurance had to cover or tax deduction of some sort.
    You're right. Amazing! Called my insurance and they gave me the numbers to three companies I can use to purchase one (unfortunately, I can't just get one in a store and be reimbursed somehow) and they also told me in-network breast feeding classes are covered as well. 

• I ordered my pump today. I called several companies, most wouldn't ship until within a month of due date, but Sun Med shipped today. My insurance covered same pump you got. I ended up paying $150 to upgrade to the Medela Freestyle. Good luck!
  • kbellizio3kbellizio3 member
    edited January 2014
    Merie412 said:

Just called my insurance, they cover it 100% woot woot! Too bad I have to drive 20 miles to the store to get it, but it's worth it to get it for free

I'm a little late to the party, but you're joking right?  You're getting a breast bump - FOR FREE -and while I don't know which one you're getting (some are as much as $300, so I'm going to pretend it's one of the good ones), you're bitching about having to drive 20 miles.  20 miles.  For a free breast pump.

Someone please tell me she's joking.

Right? I mean, that's what...half an hour at the most? If you're doing 40 mph the whole way?? How is that a too bad? I'd be stoked that's ALL I have to drive.
    -----------------------------
    I was joking.

Pregnancy Ticker 

• I have BC/BS and they covering an electric pump for me. I just started looking into it this month. But a co-worker (with same coverage as me) got the Medela PISA with the backpack through her hospital fully covered with our policy.

• MegRN2008 said:
    Ladies who don't have one yet and want one- check with the hospital you plan to deliver at.  I don't know if everyone does this, or just the hospital I work at, but we have breast pumps at the hospital and the paperwork packets pre-made for anyone who wants a breast pump.  It is a Medela Double Pump In Style and basically if a mom says she wants a breast pump and doesn't have one yet, we have her sign the papers and submit for them and give them the breast pump right there.  Like I said, I don't know if this is the norm or not, but it is worth asking about :)  
    This is what I was planning to do - my coworker delivered at the same hosp. that I am ... she said they come around with pumps & paperwork and it was effortless :)
  • I have BS of CA and they cover several manuals and electrics. Definitely talk to your provider and see.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary
  • the whole way?? How is that a too bad? I'd be stoked that's ALL I have to drive.
    ----------------------------- I was joking.
    Oh good - I was really hoping I was missing inflection with only having the written word, not spoken.  There have been enough crazies around lately that I wouldn't have been surprised if someone was legitimately upset with having to drive 20 miles, but I'm glad to know this wasn't the case. :)

Chat!                       General Cloth Diaper Information          
    You're right. Amazing! Called my insurance and they gave me the numbers to three companies I can use to purchase one (unfortunately, I can't just get one in a store and be reimbursed somehow) and they also told me in-network breast feeding classes are covered as well. 
    BMaidPlanner

hey what insurance do you have?  I called my insurance today too, NYSHIP United Health Care.  They gave me 3 companies to look at to decide.  Many breast pumps I have never heard of.  I can get a Medela Advanced Personal double electric breast pump.  I cant get it until after I have give birth and then I have to call the company and they will bill my insurance company.  

Me (40) DH (42).......Married 7/1/11......TTC 12/2013.......BFP #1 12/30/12........EDD 9/8/13
    Spotting,clot 2/15/13 all ok......2/21/13 no heartbeat 11 w 4 d missed miscarriage........2/22/13 DnC :(
    BFP # 2 10.10.13...........EDD 6.19.14

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

• kbellizio3kbellizio3 member
    edited January 2014
    Merie412 said:

Merie412 said:

the whole way?? How is that a too bad? I'd be stoked that's ALL I have to drive.
    -----------------------------
    I was joking.

Oh good - I was really hoping I was missing inflection with only having the written word, not spoken.  There have been enough crazies around lately that I wouldn't have been surprised if someone was legitimately upset with having to drive 20 miles, but I'm glad to know this wasn't the case. :)

What Chick said...just the way the boards been going, it wouldn't have shocked me.

------------
    Yea rereading it I was like "hmmm maybe I should've phrased that differently". But I did find out that they don't carry the one I'm looking for, and the place that does is 2 hours away but it's by my parents house so it's nbd. And I can do 65 mph the whole way up ;)

Also DH may think I'm BSC, but as far as these boards go, I think I'm perfectly normal :P

Pregnancy Ticker 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"