Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Did you follow the rules?

The PP rules, that is.

My doc said no driving for a week (which I've already broken) & no working out for 6 wks. 
I was pretty active before pregnancy & I don't know if I can wait 6 whole wks!

I delivered vaginally w/ no tearing and I feel great. I was hoping after my bleeding stops (or close to) I could at least walk or get on the elliptical.
Did you follow the rules?

Re: Did you follow the rules?

• Options
    I followed the driving rules, but I was pretty lax with things like carrying loads of laundry.  I also started going on walks with the stroller 2 weeks post partum, like you I'm really active (took a 7 mile hike the night before my induction).  Take it slow and listen to your body, but I'm a firm believer that some, even light activity is better than no activity even when you're recovering.  FWIW I delivered via c-section.
  • Options
    Wow, 5 wks! That's the only concern I have. I have noticed that I bleed more when I am up and moving around (doing laundry, at the store, etc.). I wouldn't want to be at the gym and my bleeding increase. I might start walking around the block to start off with and gradually increase my activity. 

BTW, what does FWIW mean? Sorry, I'm new to this board. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had a great pregnancy and delivery, but my pp bleeding still lasted over a month. I believe the "norm" is 4-6 weeks but some women go much longer. Last week I saw a post from a woman who bleed for 9 weeks.
  • Options
    I was never told it to drive! That seems silly to me and I would have broken that rule too.
  • Options
    Yes I did. I trust my doctor has my health in mind and knows more about post partum recovery than I do. 2 weeks no driving, 6 weeks no sex or exercise.

Ditto what a pp said about driving- a lot has to do with your medications. No one wanted me driving around on Percocet. Also, have you ever had to REALLY slam on your brakes? That would have sucked. Even when I did start driving, I was super cautious to try to avoid that.

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Wow, 5 wks! That's the only concern I have. I have noticed that I bleed more when I am up and moving around (doing laundry, at the store, etc.). I wouldn't want to be at the gym and my bleeding increase. I might start walking around the block to start off with and gradually increase my activity. 

BTW, what does FWIW mean? Sorry, I'm new to this board. :)

Walking and doing some basic stuff around the house is good, mild activity, but I would definitely wait to hit the gym until you get the all clear from your OB. Your abdominal muscles completely separated during the end of your pregnancy and hitting the gym too soon or too much activity could effect how well they knit back together. I think I followed all the rules (not really on purpose, it just kind of ended up that way.) with it being so cold here when DD was first born (teens and single digits), I didn't leave the house unless I had to.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    roo1ooroo1oo member
    edited January 2014
    I also was very active pre-pregnancy. I was told no strenuous activity, but I was up and walking the dogs a mile 3-4 times a week by 2 weeks pp. By 3 weeks I carried DS with me most walks. I tried running again 4ish weeks pp and could tell my body wasn't ready for it, but I did start core strengthening then. FWIW, I still feel a little off and I'm nearly 14 weeks pp now. I haven't started running again but walks are a breeze and all my core exercises are getting easier. 

I bled for a long time. At 6 weeks pp I was still spotting. I started the mini pill right after that and still spot off and on, which is common with the mini pill so I don't know when i stopped bleeding really.

I followed all the other rules though. No driving for a week (would have hurt too much anyway!). Took my pain meds for 10 days. DH and I cheated by a few days on the nookie but everything was happy down there.
    image    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was never told not to drive, but I didn't drive for 3 or 4 days. I went for stroller walks right away and I rode my horse after 3 weeks. But I didn't have sex until after my 6 week check up.
  • Options
    I wasn't given a timeframe for driving-when I felt up to slamming the brake if needed.

I had an uncomplicated vaginal birth with slight tearing, and was cleared for exercise 4 weeksPP. 
    If breastfeeding, remember that vigorous exercise can affect supply.
    Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Parent of Baby Boy M, born December 2013 Angels: Miscarriage @ 9 weeks, May 2015, Chemical Pregnancy November 2015

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I followed the rules but had a c section I didn't feel like doing much the first few weeks anyways
     BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby GIRL due 12/26
  • Options
    I had a few stitches but went back to the gym in the treadmill 4 days pp. Resl slow at first though. I started the Eliptical at 3 weeks, back to weights at 5 weeks only legs and arms, then back to really lifting at 6 weeks. I think it's different for everyone; start slow and just really pay attenchion to how you feel .
  • Options
    At first I didn't follow, but after my bleeding increased and turned bright red, it scared me. I definetly took it easy after that. I was being way to active.

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    Yes. I like my uterus not infected & truthfully I was happy to take it easy for 6 weeks.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I wasn't told about a driving restriction (med free birth). I started short walks 1-2w pp, started light exercise 4-6w pp. Cleared for regular activity 6w pp. Still it was another week before I started moderate exercise (e.g. jumping) and DTD 7w pp. All that said, I was modestly fit pre-pg and I am very AMA. I expect a younger fitter person could be ready sooner. Like pp said, listen to your body (and call you dr early).

Unexplained IF/RPL

TTC#1 2003 BFNs, 2004-2009 imageimageimageimageimage 5 angels above

2010 IVF-PGS-FET#1, DD b. Aug-2011 image

TTC#2 2012 BFNs, 2013 FET#2, DS b. Nov-2013 image

TTC#3 2015 BFNs, FET#3 image (my 6th and last angel above)

Journey Complete.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    DEFINITELY do not want an infection in my uterus either. 

Those first few days after getting home I had so much energy. I wanted to clean constantly. Weird?
    Now after several nights of no sleep the lack of is starting to catch up so I don't think I will have a problem taking it easy for the next few weeks. :)
  • Options
    I broke em all. Doc said no driving for a week but I felt fine so I drove to the supermarket (I had a csection). No sex for 6 weeks, I couldn't wait that long, caved at three. (I wason hohospital bed rest for three weeks so it was a long time) I also have been cycling, I am very active and feel like a cow because I couldn't work out my pregnancy. Honestly I feel fine and wouldn't have done any of it if I didn't. Don't push your limits but everyone is different.
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"