Health & Exercise
Options

fibroids or edometriosis or what??? help!

Sorry if spelling and grammar isn't perfect.

Those with fibroids or edometriosis please help! Please read it I know its long but I am really worried!

Before and after having my little one I've always had super long and irregular periods. Not always heavy (enough for a super tampon 1-2 days and then a reg tampon 3-4 days and then a pantyliner after that) but just lasting forever. I'll bleed for 7-14 days straight. The longest I go between bleeding and not is like, 20 days at the most. Usually 14-18 days between the last day of bleeding and the start of a new period. This made TTC pretty hard since I didn't want to have sexy time during my period but sometimes my fertile window was right during the end of my period... I've had 3 unexplained losses in early pregnancy. I finally had a rainbow baby 2 years ago.

In December (on day 4 of my period) I suffered from severe pelvic pain that felt exactly like labor. Except I was not pregnant. The same sort of cramping and abdominal muscle tensing just like a contraction in labor. I had a natural labor until I was dilated to an 8, so I know what contractions feel like unmedicated. This was exactly like labor in every way. I was vomiting from the pain... it was terrible. I have bad cramps day 1-2 of my period, but never, ever like this. And sooo weird for it to have happened on day 4!

I was seen at the ER and was given some antibiotics and vicodin (for the pain) because they thought it was pelvic inflammatory disease initially. They did a culture and it came back negative a week later. They told me to stop taking the antibiotics.  When I saw my OBGYN he said he thinks its fibroids or endometriosis. So he did an ultrasound and saw no inflammation (so it wasn't PID), but he also saw no endometrial lining where shouldn't have been, and no fibroids either. He palpated around my ovaries and did an ultrasound on my ovaries too and found no cysts or fibroids there either. So he said I now need to do a saline test where they fill my empty uterus with saline and then do another ultrasound to see if they can see the endometrium or fibroids better. Since my periods are irregular its going to be hard to schedule this test because it can only be done during a certain point in my cycle. (I think just before my period starts... I can't remember this late at night... ugh)

In the meantime, he gave me the mini pill (wasn't on BC before because hubby has vasectomy) to take because he thinks if I don't have periods I won't have any more pain. Since starting the pill I am still having periods the same as before. The doc said if I take the pill I won't even a have a period. But they are super long, and also irregular, but without pain. I only had pain the one time so I don't know if it would matter if I was taking the pill or not at this point, since its obviously not affecting my cycle. I am not sure if I even want to do this saline test. And I really don't want to take the mini pill anymore if its not helping my periods. My husband says I should do the test because if its endometriosis I could be at a higher risk for uterine cancer (he's a nurse) and I need to know everything I can to keep an eye out for symptoms of cancer or other issues. He also thinks I need to keep taking the mini pill in case the pain comes back.

What would you do if it you were me? If you have fibroids or endometriosis, do any of these symptoms sound like you?

image image Visit The Nest!

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"