Baby Showers
Options

Jeadrin11Jeadrin11 member
edited January 2014 in Baby Showers

Re: .

• Options
    Your MIL is the host of the shower. So if she doesn't choose to include children then that's what's up. Her dime = control of the guest list for whatever reasons she wants. Your partner should not be involved in any way in the planning.

If your mom or cousin throws a second shower then she must be careful to not include any guests from the first shower. That's asking for gifts twice & rude. If she wants to include children then that is her perogative.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What Prim said. Don't worry so much about it all. Let them do the work and whatever happens, happens.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yeah I'm with all the other girls. Your MIL is the one hosting so she is the one who gets to decide the details of the shower. Having kids there or not is completely up to her. Just enjoy the fact that someone was kind enough to throw you a shower and try to appreciate it just the same.
  • Options
    Cranang said:

AND, it's just a baby shower. Just calm down...it's not a life altering event.

This.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Everything @VOR said. It sounds like you are being very hard on his family and your family can do no wrong, when really your family is not planning a shower and allegedly refusing to attend the one that is planned. It's on then. Trust me, I know it's easier to see the fault in your in laws and put your family on a pedestal... We're all done it once or twice... But you need to get over that if you're going to successfully raise a child within both families. Why not look at the positives? His mother is generously offering to throw you a big shower at the location you want. That alone is very sweet!

Also, you're honestly telling us that no one in your family or group of friends have a spouse that can stay home with their kids while they go to a shower for a couple hours? I love my girls and bring them most places with me (when appropriate), but I have honestly never brought them to a shower. My husband, mother or paid sitter have watched them depending on the day and who the shower is for.

• Options
    Why is your boyfriend handing out invitations? Couldn't he mail them?

And then ditto what everyone else said.
  • Options
    I agree with all PP's. I also want to say that it's the norm to not have kids at a baby shower. They are noisy, get into things, and cost $$ to have there, especially if it's at a restaurant or catered. I think it's more out-of-the-norm to HAVE kids at a shower. It's nice of your BF's mom to do anything; showers are a lot of work and money to plan. If your family doesn't want to come because they don't want to get a sitter for a few hours, then they can hold their own shower or sit it out. having a shower without kids is usually a nice break for the moms attending.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    Yea you ladies are right. I guess it just threw me off and I appreciate your guys feedback. Thank you
  • Options
    Nobody in your family can go out for a couple hours without their children? That seems fishy. In this case, we'd either get a sitter or DH would stay home with DD while I went. Simple. Besides, how many dads really want to go to a baby shower?

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• Options
    WTF, OP? Why did you DD?
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options
    tealowltealowl member
    edited January 2014
    Joy2611 said:
    We need a rule on these that the first person to reply needs to QFP.
    We use to do that on The Knot.  Then, the mods started telling us that constantly quoting the OP so it would still be around in case of a delete was a flaggable offense.

Gah!

What?! That's ridic!

Also, I'm always following you on other random BMB's like a sneaky sneak!

"Your truth is different from my truth, and we're both right."

TTC since March 2013. BFP 4/13/13, blighted ovum discovered 6/6/13, m/c 6/8/13.

BFP 11/10/13, EDD 7/25/13 - stick little owlet!

BabyFruit Ticker

View Full Size Image

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"