Single Parents

gtky worst date

Just saw this gtky on my bmb and thought we could share our worst dates with each other.

Mine was with xh. Id found out he spent the night at another girls house a couple days after we got married. I packed a bag and had been at my best friends place for a bout a week. He decided we should go on a date ho try and dave our marriage.

He took me to a bar, and got me a crappy dollar beer i couldnt drink because i was trying to be gluten free at the time which he knew. I told him i wasnt going to drink the beer cause it would make me sick. He then huffed and puffed i was being ungrateful and he wasnt buying me an expensive foo foo drink.

I got mad and went out side to smoke. While outside i saw him take off his ring and flirt with another girl and buy her an expensive drink. I knew my best friend bd and a couple other friends were a cross the street at the club so i ditched xh for friends. I would up getting shit faced with my best friend and bd had to drive us back to her place and get us in her apartment.

Re: gtky worst date

• I went on a blind date with a guy who actually expected me to pay for a Netflix subscription for his place.

Actually, the worst date I've ever been on was my first date with BD. It was bad in the sense that by the time we went out for our first date, we had been hanging out with mutual friends and kind of getting to know each other and where he took me screamed "I wasn't paying attention to a word you've said these past few weeks." He took me downtown to the 95th Signature Lounge, which is located on the 95th floor of the John Hancock building in Chicago. I'm terrified of heights, I wasn't dressed properly for the place (he surprised me with the location), and I don't see a point to eating out at expensive restaurants. The ladies bathroom has one wall that is just one big window. I couldn't even PEE at this place without being terrified! This was a red flag I disregarded because I'm a dumbass. I'm more impressed by men who cook at home than men who want to flash cash at a restaurant.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Nothing sexier then a guy who can cook. The netflix thing blows my mind
  • Loading the player...
  • It was the weirdest conversation ever, because he was pushing it to lead to him asking me. Once I realized it, I was like "oh, shit. Left something in my car..." And just left.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • The worst date that comes immediately to mind was the guy I dated a month before BD. He was a fashion designer turned ER nurse (for real) and was named after a Charles Dickens character. He dressed like Tim Gunn but was straight.

We'd been dating for 2-3 weeks. We were supposed to meet at his place then go out to dinner. When I showed up he was in his pajamas and suggested we watch Jerry Springer instead. I said ...okay...and he put the moves on me literally as soon as I sat down. This date was the first and last time I banged him. He kept making me tell him how incredible his skills were (they were mediocre) and how he was glad I wasn't fat. I said you know I'm the only one in my family who isn't obese so I don't like fat bashing. He ignored me and went on to say how he hated having to touch fat people in the ER.

Then he randomly told me he was half black, which I hadn't noticed. I wasn't sure how i was supposed to respond to that since I seriously hadnt thought about what race he might be. So I said well that's cool, are we gonna go out?

He said he was really tired and made like he was going to sleep. It was the afternoon. I said um...well I'm not sleepy so I guess I should go? He didn't bother to dress and walked me to the door. I called up my best friends and had dinner and drinks with them instead.

I never heard from him again. My BD still says he thinks this rude fashion nurse is the father, although the ultrasounds showed he couldn't be. I'm glad he's not because I never figured out what his deal was and Im cool with never seeing him again.

This was a cool thread idea
  • Omg @gamera3000 that cracks me up! My xh was convinced he was fantastic in bed and got off on hearing his own name. He always made sex weird and uncomfortable and thought he was being kinky. He wasnt.

@Roxalot. Thats a great excuse to leave and convientley not return
  • Hrm.  I've been in mostly long term relationships with very little dating in between.  I did go on a date with this guy a few years ago, though.  I wasn't really into him but my aunt kept bugging me to just give him a chance.  I met him when I boarded my dogs. He owns a really nice dog boarding kennel and trains hunting dogs. I hate hunting.  Anyway, we met at Applebees and it was the first time I'd been to that particular one.  Throughout dinner I kept thinking this guy smelled really musty.  Not like BO....just...musty.  We never went out again after that but I did realize it probably wasn't him that smelled like that (although he could have smelled under that musty odor). The restaurant is what smelled musty.  I've been in there a couple times since and I had to chuckle when I walked in and smelled that smell.  
  • Hahaha oh my god i love these stories.
  • I have had more experiences than you can count (I could prob write a book to be honest) but here are a few.  I was on a date and the guy felt it necessary to bring up how a 22 yr old coworker was into him (he was about 36 and I'm 32).  His last comment was "You're attractive and everything but you can't possibly know what it is like for a man my age to have a 22 year old interested in him."  I went stage 5 psycho on him and immediately left.  He had said many other inappropriate things during the dinner, but this comment put me over the edge.

I had another guy say he was so drunk that he couldn't drive home, which was an hour away, so he would have to stay over at my house.  I told him that was not happening.  He wasn't really drunk, he was just pretending to be so he could stay over and likely try to sleep with me.

I had a recent date where a guy seemed to be overly interested in his phone all night.  At one point he went to the bathroom and was gone for like 20 minutes.  I'm 100% sure he was in there texting, but I had no way to call him out on it.  When he got back he was like "Sorry to take so long, there was a line."  The restaurant was completely dead.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I just remembered a friend of mines worst date ever.

So she had just moved for school and she decided shed try online dating. She met a guy online agreed to go on a date with him. She said dinner went well until the end when she went to get in her car and he followed her to say good bye she turned around ans he had his penis out and he asked her to suck it then warned her he had a hard time staying hard. She says she got in her car and drove away and never talked to the guy again
  • LAMuehlen said:
    I just remembered a friend of mines worst date ever. So she had just moved for school and she decided shed try online dating. She met a guy online agreed to go on a date with him. She said dinner went well until the end when she went to get in her car and he followed her to say good bye she turned around ans he had his penis out and he asked her to suck it then warned her he had a hard time staying hard. She says she got in her car and drove away and never talked to the guy again
    OH. MY. GOD!    =))   She's lucky that's where it ended.
  • I was present on a pretty terrible first meeting/first date with my best friend and a guy. The guy and my friend were both completely wasted and I wasn't because I'm pregnant. This was maybe six weeks ago.

This guy hit on me heavily ALL night and even said in front of my best friend that the only reason he talked to us was because of my "giant ass and titties" and also because "all guys want to bang a pregnant girl."

When we finally got rid of him I was silently hoping he wouldn't ask for my number. Instead my friend got HIS number and then asked if I thought he liked her. I was like uh...well who knows.

Neither of them remember that night (so they say) and now they're dating. I have to hang out with them once a week when our friends all go out and it's still soo awkward for me.
  • What the hell is it with dudes and pregnant chicks? I got asked out by two guys who werent bf while i was in my last month.
  • I don't know. The first time it happened I was complimented but when I kept getting ogled I decided it must be a pervert thing.
  • Lol i dont even know my bf was never really turned on by the belly. Dont get me wrong he found me pregnant beautiful because im me, and he thinks of ds as his. But he was never turned on by my pregnancy. Which btw is a shockingly common fetish.
  • I was present on a pretty terrible first meeting/first date with my best friend and a guy. The guy and my friend were both completely wasted and I wasn't because I'm pregnant. This was maybe six weeks ago. This guy hit on me heavily ALL night and even said in front of my best friend that the only reason he talked to us was because of my "giant ass and titties" and also because "all guys want to bang a pregnant girl." When we finally got rid of him I was silently hoping he wouldn't ask for my number. Instead my friend got HIS number and then asked if I thought he liked her. I was like uh...well who knows. Neither of them remember that night (so they say) and now they're dating. I have to hang out with them once a week when our friends all go out and it's still soo awkward for me.
    Eeew!  Must be totally awkward for you to hang out with them.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"