Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

8 month old's afternoon nap getting shorter!

Hi all,

My 8 month old daughter has been doing two naps for the last 1-2 months. The first is between 8.30 - 9.00 for approx 1.5 hours. The second is between 1-1.30 and used to be an hour but lately is getting even shorter (30-45 minutes). I worked SO hard to get her to be a good napper and am not sure why we're regressing. Any advice? She's usually asleep between 6.30 - 7 PM for the night, and wakes around 6 AM ish.

Thank you!!

K

Re: 8 month old's afternoon nap getting shorter!

• Options
    As the baby will grow her napping time will get shorter.So donot worry if the child is not sleeping.
    Slowly the child will become active and will like to play more.I have seen 8 months old also not sleeping properly.
  • Options
    I too wish I had the answers to sleep and napping..... my babe is a cat napper, still at almost 9 months old!  Every once in a while she'll surprise me with a nap over an hour, but regularly her naps are 30-45 minutes.  I've learned to accept it.  While she's awake she's a happy girl, and she sleeps great at night (until teething started.....ugh!)

Maybe your girl is getting ready to transition to 1 nap?  It seems a bit early but maybe she's advanced in this department.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    it sounds like you are on track to me. That's pretty impressive for a 7pm bedtime and 6am wake!!! My guy goes down at 8pm but likes to get up at 5am :/  LIke mentioned above....naptimes will shorten. Eventually the morning one will phase out.  Hopefully you can keep the routine of having noon naptime.   :)
  • Options
    I wish I could help but I just wanted you to know you are not alone! My dd is 8 months old & used to nap awesome & would wake up once at night! But once she turned 8 months she started waking up multiple times during the night, waking up early from naps resulting in a grouchy girl!!!!
    I'm exhausted!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"