August 2011 Moms
Options

Stupid Crayola Color Wonder Markers

DD got these for Christmas.  I actually believed the packaging that they were "mess free"...well, she left one on the couch and now there is a big stain!  It's almost like an oil stain, it is not the color of the marker, it is just a big dark spot on the couch.  Does anyone have any clue at all how I would go about getting it out?  I tried to just rinse it out with a very very light application of dish detergent, and that did nothing.  I am clueless about treating stains. 

https://www.toysrus.com/buy/mess-free-art/crayola-color-wonder-markers-and-coloring-pad-disney-princess-75-2133-3357491
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Stupid Crayola Color Wonder Markers

• Options
    I would try using dawn dish detergent, blot the stain then rise the detergent off.
    Bummer....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies.  I'll give both suggestions a try.

It's almost comical because this couch is ridiculously resistant to stains.  DH and I joke all the time that nothing can ruin it, as it has survived coffee, ketchup, blood, syrup, almost any liquid/semi-solid you could imagine.  I simply refuse to believe that it has met its match with "mess free" markers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmmmm....what about using the color absorbing stuff that you can put in your washing machine? Might be worth a try!
  • Options
    Let us know if it comes out!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

It's almost comical because this couch is ridiculously resistant to stains.  DH and I joke all the time that nothing can ruin it, as it has survived coffee, ketchup, blood, syrup, almost any liquid/semi-solid you could imagine.  I simply refuse to believe that it has met its match with "mess free" markers!
    The news had a story about a woman stranded at home who was forced to give birth on her couch because thw roads were unpassable. At the end of the video the lady says, "It all worked out. My mom is gonna scrub the mess out of the couch after you leave."
    imageimage
  • Options
    Mrs Case said:

The news had a story about a woman stranded at home who was forced to give birth on her couch because thw roads were unpassable. At the end of the video the lady says, "It all worked out. My mom is gonna scrub the mess out of the couch after you leave."
    O...M...G....while I feel confident that the couch would survive a good scrubbing after a home birth, I'm pretty sure DH would have it out on the curb for trash immediately following the delivery.  Gross!!! LOL!
  • Options
    Mrs Case said:

::barf::
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"