2nd Trimester
Options

19 weeks and having pain in my side.

I'm 19 weeks and I keep having a constant pain on my left side, almost directly under my ribs. I'm not too sure what is causing it. Maybe over doing it..not enough water etc. Any ideas?

Re: 19 weeks and having pain in my side.

• Options
    I would call your dr to be sure. Sounds like it could be any number of things. Hope u feel better!

Being with my LO rocks! DD born 6/13/14.
  • Options
    I'm having the same thing on my right side, sometimes it's quite sharp. But since it's so localized and the pain changes with movement I'm not too worried, but I have a dr's appointment today so I'll let you know what she says.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    khaalid00khaalid00 member
    edited January 2014
    FTM here, 20 weeks. Me too. I have sharp stretchy pains and cramps whenever I do too much like walking too much or lifting heavy things, or other overactive activity. I read that the signs point to growing pains known as Round Ligamant Pains. As longs as its not cripping pain with bleeding than it may be normal and part of pregnancy. I handle it with hot water bottle on the lower back ONLY, hot shower, and soft gentle message in the pain area, and tylenol for the worse pain. Stay super hydrated...if you pee, drink water. So far I am able to manage it and taking it easy which the pain subsided a lot. I am grateful for my husband for his help around the house and cater to me! But I am no Dr., if you are concern than ask your OB as soon as possible. Doesn't hurt to ask for professional advice than from online strangers. Feel better soon.
  • Options
    I would let the OB know. If it's coupled with high BP it could be your liver. Or it could be totally normal stretching. Better to just let the doctor know.

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    imageimage
  • Options
    Round ligament
  • Options
    Does it feel like ovulation pain?  I've been getting that off and on since around 16 weeks or so.  It usually lasts for a day or so then goes away for awhile.  The first time it happened I had a spacey moment and forgot I was pregnant, I actually thought to myself "oh, must be ovulating" then remembered.  What can I say, I've been spacey this time.  =)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

Does it feel like ovulation pain?  I've been getting that off and on since around 16 weeks or so.  It usually lasts for a day or so then goes away for awhile.  The first time it happened I had a spacey moment and forgot I was pregnant, I actually thought to myself "oh, must be ovulating" then remembered.  What can I say, I've been spacey this time.  =)

I could be wrong, but I don't think you ovulate or have ovulation pain during pregnancy.

OP, ask your doctor. I've been having a similar pain and was sent for an abdominal ultrasound. No gallbladder stones but suspected inflammation/disease. Unfortunately for me there is no safe way to diagnose that while pregnant so I am stuck with the pain, which has now gotten worse, until the twins are born. Your call obviously, I just think it's better safe than sorry when you're pregnant.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    food_chickfood_chick member
    edited January 2014
    Thank you legalladybug, but I'll get it for a day or so then it's gone for weeks so I'm not worried at this point.  If it were to get worse I definitely would.  I've had it on both sides too, so just assumed it was growing pains.  Though pretty sure it's not RLP because those just suck.   :P
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    BFP 5/12/13 mmc 6/14/13

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    When I was pregnant with DS I got a sharp stabbing pain in the upper left hand side right under my rib cage too.  It was my galbladder and if I ate anything greasy or fatty, the next day I'd get sharp pains in that area.  After pregnancy I had no problems at all. 

BFP 10/1/2010 MMC D&C at 11w4d
    BFP 3/15/2011 M/C at 6w
    BFP 5/25/2011 DS1 born 1:11pm on 1/16/2012
    BFP 10/18/2013 EDD 6/28/2014 GROW BABY GROW!!!!

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"