Help me decide re Disney park for 4.5 yr olds... — The Bump
Working Moms

Help me decide re Disney park for 4.5 yr olds...

groovygrlgroovygrl
Tenth Anniversary 5000 Comments 100 Love Its Photogenic
edited January 2014 in Working Moms
Info: Two 4.5 yr olds, boy & girl, one is 40" but the other is only 38-39" and it seems a lot of the rides have a 40" minimum. Already doing 2 days @ Magic Kingdom & trying to decide what to do for day 3. Original plan was Sea World but I'm no longer comfortable going there. Really want it to be special for DS b/c we're doing princess bfast for DD. He is into Cars, Jake, Superheroes (batman, avengers, etc).... Where would you go for day 3? Don't want to do another MK day.

(ETA I wanted to go back & add Universal Studios but cannot find a place to edit the poll, and can't delete & redo the whole thing...ughhhh)

ETA#2 if you pick animal kingdom can you explain why it is different/better than a zoo other than a few rides and a better choice than the others? we have a zoo membership where we live so we see animals all the time and also an amazing children's museum w/ lots of dinosaur fossils. 

Help me decide re Disney park for 4.5 yr olds... 29 votes

Epcot
3% 1 vote
Animal Kingdom
44% 13 votes
Hollywood Studios
37% 11 votes
Legoland
3% 1 vote
Other
10% 3 votes

Re: Help me decide re Disney park for 4.5 yr olds...

• Everyone is voting Animal Kingdom but I'm still not clear on how it is better than a really nice zoo... if I'm at Disney I feel like I want to do things we can't do elsewhere, what makes AK so special compared to parks like epcot or HS or others?
  • groovygrl said:
    Everyone is voting Animal Kingdom but I'm still not clear on how it is better than a really nice zoo... if I'm at Disney I feel like I want to do things we can't do elsewhere, what makes AK so special compared to parks like epcot or HS or others?
    It's been awhile since I've been to AK (and I haven't been with kids), but it does have shows and rides that I've never seen at a zoo.  Epcot can be boring for younger kids (there's not a ton to do on the backside where you "visit" the countries. Some have rides, most don't, but it would probably be pretty boring for young kids).  Hollywood studios has some younger geared things like PP mentioned, so that could definitely be a possibility.  You could also look into park hopper tickets so you could check them all out, but not feel stuck in on park for the whole day if it turns out the kids are pretty bored with that one.  

I voted other because I think Universal Studios would be a good option if you want to get away from Disney.
  • We just went in October - if you have to choose I would do Hollywood Studios - tons of the Disney Jr characters are there so your LO would love it.  We spent almost all day there.  We also did Animal Kingdom and also have a zoo pass to our local zoo.  AK is not a "zoo" per say - we did the Bugs Life movie, did a Donald Safari breakfast, the safari ride but we did only spend about 1/2 day there.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I live in Orlando, but barely go to the parks.  We did go to Animal Kingdom recently with my 2.5 year old.  It was nice cause it had some shows (Finding Nemo) and also has a mini-amusement park area (dinosaur themed).  The animals weren't that exciting for my son and I agree that part is similar to a very nice zoo.  There is a train ride too that goes to a petting zoo section. I haven't been to Legoland yet, but it is pretty far away so you have to drive awhile.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards