August 2013 Moms
Options

@katies7 's fan club members come in

No seriously.. I didn't want to hijack the selfie thread :-)

I completely get what you mean by needing that time for you, it looks like it is without a doubt paying off!! You look amazing! Can I ask what exercises you do? I love the way working out makes me feel after, but I get so bored at the gym and find myself looking at the clock constantly. I'd love any tips you can give!! Also.. Specifically I hate my arms and if you have any suggestions for toning them, that would be awesome :-)

Ps I hope Mila is doing better!!
Mason Lee 
Born 8/18/13 
A13 May Siggy Contest 

Re: @katies7 's fan club members come in

• Options
    I want to be a member! I totally <3@KatieS7
  • Options

I want to be a member! I totally <3@KatieS7&lt;/p>

I hereby declare you a member!
    Come one, come all!
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LEMSALEMSA member
    edited January 2014
    I have to do classes. Or I feel so unaccomplished at the gym. I feel more motivated and put more effort in a group class.

One instructor said to pick a body part and focus on it the entire class. That really works for me. I stopped caring if I looked like an idoit in class a long time ago. And I'm sure I don't look as awesome as I feel.

I aim to renew my membership soon. They have childcare for 3 mo and up. So I have no excuse. I just hope classes and childcare are at the same time.

ETA add me to the Katie love. Total MILF
  • Options
    @orlaithsheanon16 and @revez can you ladies head up the gif dept?
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    NikkiD522 said:

I can't! I have to go work out for 5 hours now!
    Why, was that not good enough for you? ;)

• Options
    @NikkiD522 Absolutely!
    imageimage
    Leo John, Born August 12th 2013

• Options
    No @revez it was great! That's why you're in charge of them now ;-)

I'll head up the " too lazy to do anything today" committee
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    Revez said:

NikkiD522 said:

I can't! I have to go work out for 5 hours now!
    Why, was that not good enough for you? ;)

Yeah actually I need go work out too!
    :((
    imageimage

• Options
    Add me to the club! Totally jealous! I have 15 more pounds that I would love to lose to really be happy
  • Options
    @Revez The diet starts tomorrow.
    But tonight its all about the food!
    Because once i start this diet its going to all go like this!
    imageimage

• Options
    @KatieS7 you look great lady.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Agreed- you look great! You will be in prime shape for your competitions this summer. Can't wait to see and hear about the progress. Keep it up girl!
  • Options
    @KatieS7 excellent! I will need the support. I have a lot of weight to lose, but I've been making excuses since LO was born. At 5 months old I really have no more excuses left! I just rejoined the gym in my building so I'm very interested in your excersize recommendations. How long would you spend in the gym on average?
    imageimage

• Options
    Thanks @katies7 ! I definitely will! How long do you normally work out per day? I'm trying to find effective exercises I can do in less than an hour.. Doable?
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    RevezRevez member
    edited January 2014
    @KatieS7 What are your secrets?!? :((

Eta: grammar = hard

• Options
    If @katies7 had a YouTube channel, I'd watch., just sayin ;-)
    Mason Lee 
    Born 8/18/13 
    A13 May Siggy Contest 

• Options
    @katies7 you look awesome! Hate to be the creepy lurker jumping in on this fitness interrogation but may I ask a few questions? Do you superset or rest? Do you use free weights or machines? Whats you thoughts on isometric exercises? Finally when you are on your competition diet how often must you eat? and how much water? Good luck you look well on your way, totally jelly over here.
  • Options
    KatieS7 said:

@rowcate I always superset. It gets my heart rate up fast and I find that I can be in and out of the gym quicker. I probably do 75% free weights and 25% machines. I mainly use smith machine and leg press. Isometric exercises are great, especially when you can't make it to a gym or are stuck at work all day. It will be my first time doing a competition so I'm not sure on the particulars yet but I do now it is 5-6 meals a day and 2L of water a day. You sound pretty knowledgable, are you a gym rat too?

Ha I try to be but I lack commitment. I honestly ate 10 Girl Scout cookies while bumping this! I think the diet aspect is really holding me back. I get so caught up I forget to eat then will just binge in something ridiculous like cookies. The free weights intimidate me sometimes but I think they are more effective.You give me hope though, keep up the good work.
  • Options
    @katies7 you do look amazballz! Legs, legs, teach me how to get some bad azz legs! Oh, how I hate lounges!

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I'm not gonna lie, I'm not quite ready to get back to working out.

However, Katie, you do look amazing! And I hope I can look half as good as you in about 6 mos when I'll be getting my fitness on again.

I lurve @KatieS7!

• Options

@katies7 you do look amazballz! Legs, legs, teach me how to get some bad azz legs! Oh, how I hate lounges!

Me too! Only I hate lunges. Lounges I can do all day. ;-)
    You look UH-MAZING! 

Lmfao! Let's just blame auto-correct!
    ;)

We have our "Irish Twins"

DD born 8/7/2013

DS born 7/28/14

<>

• Options
    I want to join in! @Katies7 you look AMAZING and I just plain heart you. :)

Had our precious baby girl, Little Miss E, on August 14, 2013  143 → I.love.you.

photo newb_zps36c606c5.gif

• Options
    @KatieS7.... YOU are going to be my motivation. I need to know some upper thigh workouts! I am guessing lunges and squats, right? Hate those lol i would love to look good by spring. How long do you think it would take to start seeing muscle definition? How many reps and everyday or every other? I'm so excited to hear back....you look great!! I hate exercising but honestly, I suffer from depression as well, so maybe it would be good for my mind and body, too.

• Options
    I had to go see what all the fuss what about... Yeh, I am hopping on this bandwagon! You look Great @KatieS7 You are my new motivation as well!!
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Options
    KatieS7 said:

For all the ladies who want nice summer sexy legs...squat! Squats are like the super exercise of exercises. If you have 5 minutes, do 3 sets of 15 squats. They will lift tush and define legs. Add some walking lunges and you are gold. Legs have the biggest muscles and the more muscle mass you gain, the higher your metabolism goes.

Starting today! I want Carrie underwoods legs lol. Is it ideal to do them every other day?

• Options
    I agree - you look fantastic! I definitely thought of this thread when I was working out tonight and wanted to stop early. Thanks for the motivation!

• Options
    Sorry to thread jack but has anyone heard of the Tone It Up ladies? I've been wanting to get their workout DVD (Beach Babe or something like that) but wanted to make sure I got my money's worth.

Yay or nay?

Had our precious baby girl, Little Miss E, on August 14, 2013  143 → I.love.you.

photo newb_zps36c606c5.gif

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"