Baby Showers
Options

Two weeks before EDD?

Just wondering if having my shower two weeks before LO's due date is a good idea? May is an extremely busy month and all of my good friends/ cousin are unavailable other weekends in May. Am I crazy for doing it so late?
First time mommy-to-be
E.D.D. June 1, 2014

Re: Two weeks before EDD?

• Options
    What dates is your host proposing?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Whatever works for you and the host. I had mine close to my due date. I didn't end up going into labor until a week after my due date.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    because it didn't fucking snow enough for me to build my own
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We are having it at a park and both hosts are being extremely flexible..basically letting me call the date:)
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    Are you throwing your own?

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    What about the end of march or April? I'm also due in May but my shower is in April. My sister is hosting/planning and flying into town so it was really important it work for her. But if may is hectic move it up. I would think 2 weeks before is too late. Are you going to have energy? I've heard that you (general you) can also be pretty big by then and don't want to be in photos. Will you have time to organize? Wash? Return/exchange? Still buy the things you need? Just some thoughts.
    <image>
  • Options
    I wouldn't have wanted a shower that late, especially if the rest of the month was going to be busy, because I wanted to cherish some final moments of peace before the baby was born. But if you're into going strong up til the end, then go for it. It's not like you're going to be too physically large to attend or anything like that.
  • Options
    It's probably worth listening to those who've been there and done that. 

However, FWIW, I'll be 38 weeks at my shower. From looking at a fair amount of delivery date stats, it looks like I've got about a 90% chance of having not delivered at that point. I think most gamblers would take the over on 38 weeks ;)

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Options
    Thanks for the advice ladies! My due date is June 1st and this is my first baby..the shower can either be Easter weekend April 19th or May 17th..
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    I probably wouldn't want to wait that long. I'm planning my sisters shower for April 6th and she's due May 18th. And I was concerned that was a little too late...
  • Options
    My hostess set the date a month before my due date. To be honest I don't really mind lol She just wanted to make sure that everyone was available and actually talk with the guest when they would feel comfortable attending. My mother really wanted to make it a perfect shower (she's the hostess)
    But it's up to the hostess to set the date and basically you just go along with it I guess lol
    DS - March 9th 2014 TTC #2 - May 2015 BFP - October 2015 EDD - July 7th 2016
  • Options
    I listened to you all :) we are planning on April 12th.. Seems early, but better than too late!!
    First time mommy-to-be
    E.D.D. June 1, 2014

• Options
    Mine is April 12 too!! :)
    <image>
  • Options
    I'm glad to see you went with the earlier option.  I had DD 2 weeks before my EDD so I was going to suggest earlier!
  • Options
    I had my shower at exactly 39 weeks. :)   Baby came at 40 + 5 so we were good!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My shower was at 38 weeks & DS was born at 39 weeks. I already had the essentials and mostly got clothes and books so it wasn't a big deal.
    BabyFetus Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"