August 2013 Moms

Lines on scalp?

Has anyone ever seen lines like these on a baby's scalp? They are slightly raised like stretch marks or scars. She's never had scratches there and I can't imagine what they could be from. They don't seem to be spreading or bothering her so I'm not that concerned, more curious.

Does anyone have any ideas? TIA!

Re: Lines on scalp?

• I don't think I've seen them on LO. Odd. They don't look concerning.
  • I haven't seen those either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Aug.13 May Siggy Challenge: Moms
  • Loading the player...
  • hmm never seen um before. strange

Engaged 10/2/1202
    BFP (a lil quicker than expected) 12/7/2012
    Married to my best friend 12/24/2012
    Beautiful baby girl arrived 8/15/2013
    BFP #2 3/13/2016

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • LEMSA said:

I don't think I've seen them on LO. Odd. They don't look concerning.

They have me dumbfounded, but I agree, not very concerning. She does have a large head, 97th percentile, I wonder if they could be stretch marks. Just weird.
  • BlueJewelMBlueJewelM member
    edited January 2014
    Do you have a dog or cat that may have scratched her? My little dog (accidentally) got a little close and his paw scraped against LOs arm and he had something that looked JUST like that for a few days.
     DS1 8/2011. DS2 8/2013.

• Do you have a dog or cat that may have scratched her? My little dog (accidentally) got a little close and his paw scraped against LOs arm and he had something that looked JUST like that for a few days.

We do have a dog but he is huge and hasn't scratched her, the damage would also be much worse if he did it. The lines have been there for months and were never red or scabbed over. It's possible she was born with them.
  • Oh my gosh YES! Mine had hers from birth. I thought the nurse scratched her, but the white lines are still there. I joke that she's secretly like Harry Potter and has magical powers ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • hokiemel7 said:
    Oh my gosh YES! Mine had hers from birth. I thought the nurse scratched her, but the white lines are still there. I joke that she's secretly like Harry Potter and has magical powers ;)

I wonder if they are something that happened in utero? Maybe our LOs scratched themselves with their own nails. IDK
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"