March 2013 Moms

Decent crackers for LO?

Anybody have suggestions for a not too unhealthy, non-sweet, and easy to eat type of cracker for babies in the 9/10 month age range?  We do some of the gerber toddler cookie/crackers but they all seem to be sweet.  And graham crackers work well for my daughter--easy to hold, dissolve easily, and they take her awhile to eat so I can get some cleaning/cooking/organizing done while she eats one. (Usually she wolfs down her solids so fast I get like 20 seconds before I have to give her something else to eat or she's done and wants out of the highchair.)

Anyone found any more savory crackers their LO likes?  She's had ritz but they seem to not dissolve and the hard pieces are more difficult for her to deal with.  I basically want a savory version of a graham cracker--does that exist?
BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

BFP #2 7/11/12.  EDD 3/23/13.  Ada Alice born 3/20/13.

Re: Decent crackers for LO?

• We buy the little yums by plum. There's a pumpkin banana and a apple and kale. They are easy for them to bite and dissolve. They're kind of like a large cracker version of a puff. Otherwise most "regular" crackers are too hard and saltines seem to break into a thousand pieces.
  • My daughter has the Club crackers sometimes. She likes them. Dissolves fast but not too crumbly
  • Loading the player...
  • My son loves the Townhouse crackers. I have to buy 2 boxes at a time. They are easy to hold and melt in his mouth. They even have the reduced fat ones And they are a little bit healthier.
  • DS does the Mum Mums and those dissolve very quickly.  They are very lightly sweetened.  Lately we are starting to give him Melba toast which is hard, but great for teething.  I do have to keep an eye on him to make sure he isn't biting off a large piece.  We also found that long cracker bread sticks (very thin ones) are good.  They are savory and soften pretty easily. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Hmmm.... The only crackers I let LO have for now are the Little Yums by Plum. Based on what you say you're looking for maybe try Back to Nature Multigrain Flax flatbread crackers. Great nutritional content, none of the bad stuff, and one 2in x 4.5in cracker only has 30mg of sodium.

You should be able to find them at any major supermarket, either in the organic section or even mixed in with the regular crackers.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Oops! Sorry just realized you wanted something softer. Those are hard. Not quite sure to recommend then.

• Oops! Sorry just realized you wanted something softer. Those are hard. Not quite sure to recommend then.

• Not a cracker, but veggie straws are a big hit with DD. 
  • Thanks all for the suggestions.  We do mum mums sometimes.  I will have try the others you all mentioned.
    BFP #1 9/21/11. EDD 6/4/12.  Twins discovered at 8 weeks. Twin B lost at 14 weeks due to megacystis.  Alice Joe born and lost 1/5/12 at 18.5 weeks due to pre-term labor.

• We all love Dr. Kracker crackers. I get the pumpkin seed/cheddar ones. They are pretty hard, but she chews them til they dissolve. 
    Happily married since 2009
    Roo, 8y
    Birdie, 4y
    Jem, 3y
    Vee, 1y
    Baby Bee DUE April 2018

• Earth's Best has a Sesame Street cracker that my daughter likes.  And I also give her plain saltines.  They're a little crumbly, though.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have just started the baby goldfish crackers.  DS really likes those.  And he loves graham crackers.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic View Full Size Image
    BFP#1 11/12/11 ~ No heartbeat 12/12/11 ~ D&C 12/19/11
    BFP#2 3/25/12 ~ Heartbeat 141 4/16/12 ~ No heartbeat 4/25/12 ~ D&C 04/30/12 
    BFP#3 7/16/12 ~ EDD 3/26/13 ~ It's a BOY ~ DOB 2/26/13

• We've only tried the Townhouse so far, but boy she loves them!  (Actually my wife and I started eating them too and keep saying "why are these so good?")

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"