May 2012 Moms

Which doctor would I go to for this?

Yesterday I was using the bathroom and randomly decided that I wanted to glance at my lady bits to see if there was a scar from stitches following giving birth. Totally random, I know. Well, after taking a mirror to my nether regions I noticed what looks like a small, raised, dark mole. Of course, that struck me as odd since I'd never noticed it before. I decided to google and of course, as most doctor google searches conclude, it could be cancer. Normally I would just ignore that and search for another answer but that seems to be the ONLY result I can find. I fully intend to get it checked out ASAP. My question is, though, do I make an appointment with my gyno and see what she says or do I skip that and just make a dermatologist appointment? I feel like a dermatologist would be able to diagnose better given it's a skin issue but gynos might have an idea what it could be as well given the area it's on.

Suggestions?
BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15

Re: Which doctor would I go to for this?

• I would start with a Gyno personally
  • I agree gyno, could it be a scar from your stitches? Ps your brave! I never had stitches but still looking down there is not something I'm willing to do!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Gyno. You could even let the nurse on the phone know that's why your coming in. If the gyno is the wrong place she might be able to suggest which doctor to go to.
  • bellelamb said:

I agree gyno, could it be a scar from your stitches? Ps your brave! I never had stitches but still looking down there is not something I'm willing to do!!

It's far away from where the stitches were so no chance of that. I have no idea why I decided to look, just kind of sitting around on the toilet with random thoughts haha.
    BabyFetus Ticker

Corbin | born 4.19.12
    Baby boy #2 | due 4.13.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"