Babies: 6 - 9 Months

If U R using the Zipadee-zip..

Has anyone used the Zipadee-zip?  My son is 4 months and we need to break him of swaddling, but he won't sleep without being swaddled.  Thought I would try this, but wondering if it really works?  Would you recommend this?  They are expensive, so don't want to waste the money if they aren't going to work.  Thanks!

Re: If U R using the Zipadee-zip..

• Not sure what that is but we had success with Merlin's Magic Sleepsuit :). Good luck!

• yes, i got one when he was 6 months old. he wasn't rolling over until then. they are great! worth the money to get him weaned off the swaddle.
  • Loading the player...
  • We have the Merlin Sleepsuit for now, which has been great to get him from the RnP to his crib, but it's not safe to use once baby can roll over in it. I'll be getting a ZZ to have on hand for when the time comes, since they're safe to roll in and can be worn in a car seat or swing so I won't have to change him if he's at MILs house and falls asleep before we pick him up.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We love our Zippys.  We started using a small cotton one around 5 months and at almost 9 months, we still use it every night and for naps.  My son sleeps so comfortably and I like that it keeps his hands covered.  We have a flannel one and a fleece one for winter and I will probably purchase a new cotton one for the summer.  We have also used it in the car and the jog stroller on these colder days.  Totally worth it.
  • We have 2 Zipadee-Zips and LOVE them! Our LO is 7 months tomorrow and the Zippy allows her free movement in her crib but still keeps hands and feet warm. She rolls all over and can even get her pacifier back in her mouth. Other plusses: she can't scratch me or pull my hair when she's wearing it, and it's fantastic for air travel, as it keeps her hands free of germs. We started transitioning her at nap times, and now use it for night time as well. Highly recommended!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I had a nightmare transitioning my son from the swaddle. He just refused to sleep without the swaddle. I think he hated not being able to move his arms.  I finally tried the Zipadee-Zip. Honestly, I was really dubious about it. I had tried everything so I did not believe it would work. However I asked around on blogs and their website. Most people said their LO slept an extra two hours! I decided to give it a try. No joke, the first night he slept 12 hours in it. I guess the resistance in the arm span is what gives him the feeling of being swaddled and soothes him when he has a  startle reflex but the star shape gives him the ability to push up and roll over.  He couldn't safely roll in the swaddle and when he’d break free, I'd find the loose fabric over his face which terrified me!  The Zipadee-Zip (www.sleepingbaby.com is where I found it) gave him the security to be able to sleep swaddle free which means I SLEPT TOO!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"