Nurseries and Baby Gear

graco travel light crib

Does anyone have one of these?  What are your thoughts on it.  We are looking for something for baby to sleep overnight in our room... a traditional PNP is too big with our room.  I know others have said the rock and play nappers, but have heard they are not approved for overnight sleep.  We were also looking into a Arms Reach cosleeper/ bassinet.  I like that the sides of those look mesh and easy air movement, but are about twice as much and can't be used after 4-5 months.  Was hoping for something for longer use.  I'm worried that the graco travel light doesn't seem to be as open/ allow as much air movement as the bassinet, but with the adjustable height, can be used longer.
Any thoughts? or other recommendations are appreciated.  Just want the baby in our room and safe :)
photo 146-1-1.jpgphoto 102_0857-2.jpg
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

Re: graco travel light crib

• Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I loved the Graco travel light crib when I saw it at Babies R Us. A friend of mine used it for a bassinet and said it worked perfectly. We were going to do the same thing, but someone ended up giving us their co-sleeper. I would say it's definitely safe enough to use every night. We were also given a rock n' play, but I don't feel comfortable using it at night either. Also, it's way too short for our bed. If I had to buy a co-sleeper/bassinet for in our room, I would get the travel light crib for sure. 
  • Loading the player...
  • You do know most playard bassinets just go up to 15 lbs. Then you have to use the bottom of the PnP. I'm not sure anything like that can be used after 4-5 months. Reaching to the bottom of a PnP at night would suck. I loved our cradle since it was open and had a higher weight limit. It was $$ though. What about something like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dream-on-Me-Karley-Bassinet-Gray-Blue/22720790
    TTC January 2010
    BFP #1 10-11-10 ectopic discovered 10-22-10, 10-23-10 methotrexate & emergency surgery, lost right tube BFP #2 12-1-10 Found to be tissue dropped from salingectomy or missed heterotopic pregnancy from BFP #1 BFP #3 1-30-11 DS arrived on due date 10-10-11 BFP #4 Surprise 9-3-12 EDD 5-9-13 DS2 arrived 5-5-13 BFP #5 5-14-14 Emergency D&C 6-16-14 9 weeks
  • The Graco travel lite crib with stages actually has a couple different weight limits. The first stage goes up to 15 pounds, the second up to 20 pounds. Both until the baby can push themselves up onto their hands and knees. The third stage is the bottom of the pack n play.
  • I used the graco travel lite crib with stages with both my girls. It took up much less room then a traditional pack and play. It's very easy to clean. LO is 7 months old and I use it at friends houses so she has a place to sit and play with toys.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"