2nd Trimester
Options

choroid plexus cysts

i found out at my 20 weeks appointment that my baby has choroid plexus cysts.

the dr is not concerned and says the baby looks fine but i am just wondering if anyone here has heard of these or if they found them on your anatomy US.

thanks! 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: choroid plexus cysts

• Options
    My daughter had several, she is fine.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    My son had one that resolved by 28w. They can be a part of the normal development of the brain. Not necessarily anything wrong.

Eta. Not that I don't understand getting a little nervous - I was at the time.
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My almost 4 year old had them around his brain at his 20 week ultrasound. The doctor and tech said everything else looked fine, but to come back at 26 weeks for a more thorough ultrasound. We did and they were gone, affected him not one bit he's been a healthy little boy ever since.

My OBs office explained it to me that ultrasound technology is so sensitive it picks up everything. The CPCs are just something that can happen during the developmental process in utero.

Try not to worry until your next ultrasound.

DS #1 born January 2010. DS #2 due June 2014.

• Options
    My DD had two on her A/S and is a happy healthy 22 month old. They found them on DS A/S too, but I'm not worried. As long as there aren't other markers for anything, there is no reason to worry. :)
  • Options
    They are super common (in totally normal babies).  Just keep doing the follow up US, they will likely go away.

Fingers crossed for all clear!!
  • Options
    thank you all,,, hearing others experiences is all that really brings me to a neutral place on this because I'm not an Internet searcher on subjects that scare me or things that I don't know much about,, I'm left just wondering.
    thanks again,,, I feel much better & will definitely get a follow up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"