Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Crib bumper or no bumper

I had one with my other too but I know the recommendations have changed.

Re: Crib bumper or no bumper

• Options
    100% no bumper!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    No bumper.  We never had them for either boy and never found ourselves wishing we had them.  
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    You can always get a mesh one.  They even have some with cute designs.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    No bumper.  I just bought a Pottery barn quilt and crib skirt but the quilt won't even be used until after our baby is one or so.  The baby should be in the crib without any bumper, blankets, pillows, stuffed animals, etc.  
    ~Jessica~ 

• Options
    No bumper. They're do dangerous that they're illegal in some states.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I have used them with both babies but not until they were much older and we were having issues with limbs stuck in rails. But even then, they aren't really useful IMO b/c baby will just throw leg over the bumper and get stuck anyway. Save your money and cherish the peace of mind!

• Options
    asparagus95asparagus95 member
    edited January 2014
    Bumpers are not an issue. I used with my son and will use again with our daughter arriving in May. Once you are comfortable with your baby's sleep pattern, I think they are fine. We also use a video monitor so we were always able to take a look in at him in case we were ever nervous.
  • Options
    No bumper until they start putting a leg through the crib slats. Then get a mesh one. :). The older ones are a smothering hazard that's 100% preventable.
  • Options
    I made DD's bumper, it's fairly flat and basically just keeps her limbs in and prevents her from bumping her head. Also, she did not sleep in her crib until she was six months old and basically crawling, so I was more than comfortable. Any earlier and I would have waited to put it in.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"