Late Term and Child Loss

Question about physical recovery times...

Still waiting for mine....I seriously should buy stock in Always and Kotex.  I know that my body went through a lot of trauma having both a delivery and a D&C, and that probably not everyone's situation is exactly like mine, but about how long did it take to go back to "normal"?  I'm seriously, seriously, exhausted with the cramping and changing pads all day.....just more daily constant reminders.   :::Sigh::::
Me: 33, Endocrine issues & FVL       DH: 32, Nothing 
NTNP 2009-2012         TTC since 2012:
  • Clomid, 2 IUI cycles, and 5 IVF cycles = BFN
  • FET #1   August 2013 = BFP!     EDD 5/11/14
  • Jack dx at 19w1d with Dandy Walker on 12/16/13
  • Severe Pre-e /HELLP set in Jack born sleeping at 20w1d on 12/23/13
  • FET #2 --July 2014  BFP!  ---  EDD  4/5/15

Jack has handpicked his sibling up there :)

My blog about IF and loss ... Kate's IF Blog

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Anniversary

Re: Question about physical recovery times...

• I am 4 weeks after my D&E , had light bleeding for 3 weeks then last week @ sorry for TMI but I passed a huge clot & since I've been bleeding consistently since. I'm not sure if it's my period r what. If it doesn't taper off by Monday I will call my doctor :/
  • I am 4 weeks after my D&E , had light bleeding for 3 weeks then last week @ sorry for TMI but I passed a huge clot & since I've been bleeding consistently since. I'm not sure if it's my period r what. If it doesn't taper off by Monday I will call my doctor :/
    I'm sorry you're having trouble with this too. My doctor at my 3week appt. last week said it was normal and if it was still around at my 6 week appt. they'd do an ultrasound. I guess I'm just waiting it out to see what happens but its gross and annoying. Ugh. So frustrating.

Anniversary

• Loading the player...
  • I bled for four weeks after birth, but times vary. I think up to six is normal

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image image

My Blog

BFP# 1 7/7/12 Beautiful DD born still at 36 weeks 5 days on 3/2/13
    Diagnosed with PCOS in 2005. Started Metformin July 2013

BFP # 2 8/7/14 EDD 4/22/15
    Please be our rainbow!!

**All AL Welcome**

• I think it was between 5-6 weeks for me (I didn't have a D&C - delivered).

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I had a c-section and bled for about 5 weeks and then at 6 weeks got my period, heavier then normal for almost another week. Everyone is different. If you're concerned, check with your doctor. I'm almost 5 months post loss now and my cycle is totally back to normal.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Me: 32 DH: 33  High School Sweethearts  Married 5/28/2005
    DS1 born 6/5/10 at 40 weeks via emergency c-section due to fetal distress and IUGR caused by placental insufficiency
    DS2 born still 8/28/13 at 32 weeks via emergency c-section due to a complete placental abruption - cause unknown
    Baby #3 on the way, EDD 2/29/16.  Originally twins, but we said goodbye to Baby B at 8 weeks.
  • I had a regular birth. I bled for 4 weeks, then had a crazy heavy period which lasted 4 days. But I've read you can bled up to 12 weeks?
    *******************************************************************************************************************
    BFP#1 March24,2011  MC on May 29,2011 BFP#2 Sept,2011 MC Oct 2011 (Molar)
    Started Progestrone Treatment, BFP#3 May 10,2013  PROM/PRL on Sept 7 2013
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersDaisypath Anniversary tickers   
    image        Use Ovuline to most accurately track your ovulation
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• I bled for a good 8 weeks. It was ridiculous.
  • *siggy warning**

Mine took 3-4 weeks for the bleeding to stop, but I kept pumping milk. Pumping can reduce the bleed time because it helps your uterus contract. My OB said it can take longer otherwise.
    Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture Lilypie - Personal picture 
     DS1 - 7/2011, DD 12/2012, DS2 - 4/2014, MMC - 12/2015
  • ***ticker warning***

I had a vaginal delivery and then a D&C. I bled heavy for the first week, then it tapered off to lighter bleeding for 2-4 weeks. I also found when my activity level increased so did my bleeding. Then I got my period
    Married 11/23/11, TTC starting 10/12, BFP#1 11/30/12, Adoption of stepson finalized 03/19/13,Loss of our daughter at 20w4d due to incompetent cervix 03/27/13, BFP#2 06/28/13, DS2 born 3/1/14.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • At what point would someone need a D&C following a vaginal delivery? After delivering both babies yesterday, they manually pumped/delivered my placentas. (There is no TMI here, right?) This evening some large clots came out and just when I thought they couldn't get any bigger--one did...it was huge. My cramping has been minimal despite taking no pain meds, so I'm not worried--just curious if the D&C was done right after delivery or weeks afterwards? The constant reminder when using the restroom is particularly cruel. :(

TTC since 10/2010
    IUIs # 1-5 = BFFN
    IVF # 1(July 2012) = BFN
    IVF # 2 (November 2012) = BFP (MIssed MC D&C @ 8w3d on 1/10/13)
    IVF # 3 (June 2013) = BFN 
    IVF # 4 (September 2013) = BFP Fraternal twin boys! (Loss at 21w6d due to IC on 1/26/14...devastated.)
    3/21/14--TAC (transabdominal cerclage) w/Dr. Davis in NJ
    IVF # 5 (May 2014) = BFN
    FET (August 2014) = BFN

• I had my D&C a few hours after delivery. They were trying to prep me the night before, for a D&E since my preeclampsia was worsening. However the first round of laminaria sticks and miso didnt do much for my cervix....they decided to do a second round and leave them in overnight and have the D&E in the morning. When I woke up though, my water broke and labor already had started so I was forced into delivering. Somehow, not sure if I'm understanding this much correct as I was on Dilaudid for quite some time by then as an epidural wasn't an option for me, but I think the sticks were holding the placenta in place? They dug around for it to try and move it manually but it wouldnt work and they were afraid of damaging me so they ended up having to take me into surgery for a D&C anyways. Today has been 5 weeks and only in the last few days have I seemed to finally stop with the bleeding and cramping, knock on wood. Hopefully you have a much smoother and quick recovery from all this. Mental pain and anguish is bad enough we dont need the physical reminders too.

Anniversary

• Siggy warning

I bled for 12+ weeks after delivering before they finally out me on high doses of BC which stopped the bleeding. I had some very large clots pass as well (as big as my palm). I even went through a few days of filling tampons and pads every 15 or so minutes which is what led to the high BC doses. I was scared to death I would bleed out and they did a few ultrasounds to be sure there was nothing retained so I didn't have to have a d&c luckily.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"