C-sections

2nd csection ?

I'm schduled at 39wks and 2days to have my 2nd child. I was induced with my son and it didn't dilate and my cervix didn't soften so my dr did a csection. I was wondering if there's anything different to you 2nd? My 1st they had me so drugged up I barely remember anything after I saw my son and they started stitching me up. How is the healing process with already having an older child?

Answers

• I think my recovery was a bit easier because I knew what to expect, if that makes sense.  Nothing was new and scary and I also learned lessons on not to overdo it.  

For example, constipation is always the worst part for me.  I actually have had three c-sections and the constipation was the worst with the second one.  I think mostly because I kept waiting and waiting for things like stool softeners to work and for some reason they didn't work for me.  When I did finally go, it was painful and scary.   By the time I had my third c/s, I again gave stool softeners, hot tea, lots of water, lots of walking at try.  However, by the third day of no BM, I could see the writing on the wall and asked for a suppository.  I wasn't going to go through the constipation pain I had with my second c/s. 

As far as having an older child is concerned, just tell yourself you are doing your best, but don't let yourself feel guilty for not carrying the older child.  Make special time to sit on the couch with them and give them attention.
  • I had gotten the epidural and some other pain relievers with my first but my first was an emergency c-section after being in labor and all that. This time they gave me the spinal and I remember it all. First one I was so out of it. This time I talked to DH through it and it was a lot more enjoyable, well as enjoyable as being cut open is lol. Recovery was pretty much the same but faster this time around and slightly easier. I also had a lot of help for DH with our daughter. Since I'm breastfeeding and was pretty much attached to baby all the time in beginning he pretty much tried to give DD as much attention and worried about her. It gets easier though and since she's 3 she's not as needy. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"