Working Moms
Options

NWMR: Anyone near or familiar with Ft. Lauderdale area?

We have a family event in Boynton Beach in April and just blew all of our frequent flyer miles to book the family flight. (Aye, keep saying that is what those miles are for right??). We are going from Thurs and returning Sunday early with the event on Saturday. We would like to find someplace reasonable to stay but with a pool and near or on the beach since we're making it a mini vacation. DH wanted to drive to the keys but honestly, DD is a bit of a hot mess in the car after a while and after the long flight, i predict a meltdown.

Any cool little towns or sections within under an hour of the ft. lauderdale airport that you know of (or can advise to skip!)? We have only ever been through ft. lauderdale on the way to the keys but never stuck around that area for more than a quick overnight. Thanks!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWMR: Anyone near or familiar with Ft. Lauderdale area?

• Options
    bcnoellebcnoelle member
    edited January 2014
    I recently stayed at the Westin on beach in Fort Lauderdale and was happy with our stay. We have a 2 year old as well. We only stayed 1 night for a wedding, but enjoyed the pool and the beach is directly across the street (they have an overpass walk to get there). I don't think the bathroom had a bathtub though if that's important to you.
  • Options
    Palm Beach is great but not reasonable...but maybe you could find a hotel in West Palm & drive to the beach? It is fun for the little ones, there is a cool drive through safari place not far away, cityplace is convenient for going to eat, walking around in the evening, etc, and you can do a boat ride to look at all the homes on the waterway, which is interesting for adults but your LO would probably just enjoy being on a boat...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"