Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Big boobs in a bjorn

Help! My daughter hates her baby bjorn because my boobs push her out so that her head is flopping all around and she can't rest it on my chest. Any suggestions?

Re: Big boobs in a bjorn

• Options
    Isn't there a flap on it you can make it taller in the back?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    how old is she? could be that later on she'll get comfortable in it once she is bigger (or never will), or is in need of a different carrier. If you have friends with kids, or go to a store that sells different carriers, you could try out some different ones to see what works. My LO didn't like being in a carrier till more like 6 months & was hit or misd even then. She is mostly happy in it now. We have some breathable mesh thing that has the name Sport in the title (may or may not be Ergo - cannot recall)
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Estwd2 said:
    It may not be your boobs. The Bjorn is a shit carrier. The most recommended ones on here are the Ergo and Beco Gemini. I think there's a third favorite here, but I forget.
    This too.  The Bjorn is not a good carrier, despite the hefty price tag and intense marketing.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Options
    I'm also thinking you need to try a different carrier.  DH likes the bjorn but I hate it.  I think it's better for men... maybe it is the lack of boobs?

• Options
    Estwd2 said:
    It may not be your boobs. The Bjorn is a shit carrier. The most recommended ones on here are the Ergo and Beco Gemini. I think there's a third favorite here, but I forget.
    This.  I'm a lurker on this board but I was just about to say the same thing.  the Bjorn causes hip displaysia and isn't a good carrier for LO.  I love my Ergo Organic and my Beco Germini- but I don't have big boobs so I'm not sure if they're as great if you have a bigger chest.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    The bjorn DOES NOT cause hip dysplasia. It is a fine carrier. It's safe. It's just not the most ergonomic option for parent or baby. It's very popular and mainstream because it's readily available and seen in movies. There are much better options out there that are more comfortable for the parent and allow baby to be in a better seated position. I am also busty, and we use a kinderpack. I love it. The ergo and boba are all so good options. Good for you for wearing your baby!
    <div align=
  • Options
    The bjorn DOES NOT cause hip dysplasia. It is a fine carrier. It's safe. It's just not the most ergonomic option for parent or baby. It's very popular and mainstream because it's readily available and seen in movies. There are much better options out there that are more comfortable for the parent and allow baby to be in a better seated position. I am also busty, and we use a kinderpack. I love it. The ergo and boba are all so good options. Good for you for wearing your baby!

I disagree.  Studies have in fact shown that "crotch dangle" carriers that allow baby's legs to be stretched out dangling instead of flexed in a more natural position, especially too early (before 6m old) are at a very high risk of hip dysplasia.  The Bjorn is one of the most common carriers that hold baby in this position which is why it's often associated with HD.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

image image image
  • Options
    The Bjorn conflicted with my big boobs too. Ergo works well. DD sits higher up, i think, so she leans into me. So did a homemade Mai tai up til DD was about 9 mos. Google Hobo Mama no sew Mai tai for the pattern. You just cut it out of felt. It's awesome.
  • Options
    I'm a certified babywearing educator. Ergo, Bobas and Becos are the best buckle carriers, along with Tulas and Kinderpacks, because they put baby in a better and more comfortable position (knees above the bum), which in turn makes YOU  more comfortable as well. If buckles aren't your thing try a mei tai like a Babyhawk.

The whole HD controversy very much exists, but here is the truth- it does not CAUSE HP, but it may be a contributing factor if your baby is already at risk. It's certainly not optimal or ideal for either you or baby, but it's also fine to wear if it's what works for you. 
    image   image

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"