Success after IF

Going back to work

I cannot believe I go back to work next week. Next Thursday is my first day back. I took the full 12 weeks (I started 1 week before Baby I was born).

It makes me sad bc maternity leave has been so great. DH is home during the day and works evenings and nights, so we've all had some really great family time. I almost want to go for #3, just so I can have another maternity leave.

I'm so worried about the logistics of handling 2 kids and working and going back to pumping at work again... Ugh! It's a good thing I love my job and that I work at such a family friendly place or this would be really hard!
IVF, acupuncture, meditation and a miracle. 

Our sweet Valentine's Day FET.

Re: Going back to work

• Aw, I'm sorry your mat leave is drawing to a close. Your post made me smile though, DH was in school full time the semester after I had DS1 and it was really special that he was able to spend so much time with baby. (hugs)
    Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • :(  we never did that playdate!  The time went too fast.  

And don't worry about the logistics.  Everything will get easier as you get settled into your new routine!  It's so nice your husband is able to be home with them.  Hopefully that puts your mind more at ease!  I'm sure it's tough though.  Enjoy this last week.  
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, I cannot believe it's already time?!?! I'm so glad you enjoys your time off, and I hope the transition back to work is as easy as it can be.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Wow! It seems like it was just yesterday that you were announcing her birth! I am so glad you had a great leave. Hoping things go smoothly when you get back to work.
    Unexplained Infertility

After two Clomid cycles, three injectable IUI cycles, two IVFs, two miscarriages, and one lap surgery, IVF #2 has brought us our little boy!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

TTC #2
    After months of being postponed or cancelled, FET #1.3 (Natural FET) brought us twin girls!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Surprise! Baby #4 is due in March!
  • Good luck as you transition back to work, have some good snuggle time this last week before you start back!
    TTC since August 2009
    Clomid for 6 cycles starting August 2010- O but no BFP
    SA Septemeber 2010 Looking good 
    HSG September 2010 All clear 
    1st RE visit May 2011 - IUI#1 June 20, 2011: BFN
    IUI #2 July 31 2011: BFP - m/c @ 5w1d
    Surprise BFP on a break cycle 10/4/11, Due June 4, 2012, Born 6/9/2012
    TTC Blog
    TTC#2 : Cycles 1-3 Protocol 1500mg Metformin Daily, Femara + Ovidrel, Progresterone support 
    HSG#2 November 2013 All clear
    Cycle 4 Metformin, Femara, Bravelle, Ovidrel, Progesterone = BFP
    Little Lady Born 8/28/2014

"There is a design, an alignment, a cry of my heart to see, 
    the beauty of love as it was made to be"
    Mumford & Sons
  • I know what you mean about the family time.  I loved my maternity leaves with my second, third and fourth just because it gave me a lot of time not just with the baby but with the older kids and also DH since he works an untraditional schedule.

Having two and working is definitely an adjustment but you'll do great!  It's a team effort but with your husband being home that should really help you guys get into a good routine.

Kelly, Mom to Christopher Shannon 9.27.06, Catherine Quinn 2.24.09, Trey Barton lost on 12.28.09, Therese Barton lost on 6.10.10, Joseph Sullivan 7.23.11, and our latest, Victoria Maren 11.15.12

Secondary infertility success with IVF, then two losses, one at 14 weeks and one at 10 weeks, then success with IUI and then just pure, crazy luck.  Expecting our fifth in May as the result of a FET.

This Cluttered Life

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"