Health & Exercise

Clean Eating

where do you get your recipes and ideas?  I have a clean eating cookbook and I used to subscribe to the magazine, but it just seems like all the recipes are so involved and complicated.   Any other ideas for inspiration and creative ideas for eating clean?

Re: Clean Eating

• Really I just try to keep it simple and not overcomplicate things.  A lean protein, plenty of veggies and a salad, some type of starch (tuber or whole grain, if you eat grains).  Then however you prepare/season is up to you and we mix it up to keep things interesting. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

imageimageimage

• thegraciouspantry.com is a good place to get recipes. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • mcfife09mcfife09 member
    edited January 2014
    The nutrition aspect of health has always been tough for me. I grew up with a super busy single mom who did her very best to keep up with 3 girls, needless to say we ate on the go a lot- fast food. Sometimes I still feel like I lack the tools and basic understanding of nutrition. But I'm 30 now and I know it is time to stop blaming my upbringing. I also know that demanding perfection is not a good direction for me. So I'm just trying to learn little by little. And like a PP said keep it simple. We cook at home and avoid eating out. I eat more fruit and aim to eat less processed sugar. I started actually to look at labels and ingredients... ingredients are SCAREY (lol). If I don't even understand the label or the words, I assume it's not all that good for me. I buy things with 3 or less (give or take) ingredients. I shop for meats, fruits, veggies, a little dairy and avoid the center of the G-store. Most of all I celebrate little successes, I'm certainly not perfect or a "clean" eater, but healthy stuff actually tastes good to me and unhealthy over processed stuff taste crappy- that is SUCCESS! I feel like just wanting to learn more about clean eating is a step in the right direction. I say ease into it, make it a lifestyle not a temporary fix- each year you'll get wiser and wiser and your health will surely improve! 
  • Stay out of Dairies.
    Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
    Drink green too!! flushes out toxins from the body.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"