March 2013 Moms

Stairs

Anyone's LOs climbing the stairs? Mine is climbing a whole flight if supervised. Wondering if that's normal at this age.

Re: Stairs

• Yes, my lo had never even been around stairs and the first time he saw some he climbed about halfway up. I was right there with him but it was shocking to just see him go for it like that.
  • SarahRae85SarahRae85 member
    edited January 2014
    DS climbs stairs here. It's a spiral staircase, so baby-proofing it is difficult but I put a couple hampers at the base of the stairs and he avoids it (only DH and I sleep upstairs). He can be nearly to the top if my kids move the hampers and I don't notice right away. Thankfully, he can also back down the stairs, and he will do so if he gets caught on the first couple steps.

He's also climbing on the fireplace and onto the low window alcove that goes behind our entertainment center.

The other day we went to an indoor playground and once the crowd left and it was pretty much just my kids playing, I let him wander and he got himself onto the playplace and got up to the top level:

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO will do 2-3 stairs but not a whole flight yet. He gets distracted by a door on the landing that opens AND closes, amazing!
  • DS has been climbing stairs since 8m lol. He's crazy.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • DS also does the whole flight of stairs.  I am pretty impressed that he can keep climbing up so many.  He is so proud of himself when he does it to.  We have a sunken living room so he practiced a lot on those couple of stairs.  Just recently he has figured out how to go back down them without doing a face plant.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

;

• Yup she walks right up ours! Holding one hand of course!
    Me: 30 | DH:34
    Married: 08/04/12
    DD: 6 years | Born: 03/28/13
    DS: 1 Year I Born 10/15/17

• Climbing stairs is normal at this age but not necessarily expected yet.
  • she is trying but we stop her.  She tried at my MIL's the other day but thankfully my 2 yr old niece was there to set her straight.  My niece said "no no you don't go on the steps without ME" hahahahaha my mil quickly said "no no you both don't go on without me"  It was tooo funny.  The things that babies say to babies 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • She has climbed the stairs once, trying to get something. I stood right behind her the whole time though. Other than that one time, she has had no interest in the stairs. She is more interested in banging on our sliding glass door@

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• DD can climb our stairs like a pro, but we're always behind her as she is easily distracted :)  She hasn't figured out how to go back down yet, though, she just crawls to the top of the stairs and looks down with a puzzled face :)
  • Yep. We just moved to a 2 floor house last week so he really had no experience with stairs, but climbed the entire flight immediately, lol.
  • MwithchildMwithchild member
    edited January 2014
    Yes ! I'm OK with it and actually encourage it after I get home from work. It's good exercise for him and mom is tired and needs him to be tired, too? Hihihi. I'm right behind him. 17 steps ! X 2 rounds :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"