Working Moms

nwmr: legoland orlando?

we are going to the magic kingdom for 2 days. we didn't really want to do epcot (our kids are 4 1/2)  or the other disney parks/universal at this age (we go to a zoo by our house all the time so animal kingdom is not really very enticing either), and were originally going to go to sea world b/c DS loves orca whales but of course all the controversy has me pretty turned off to SW. We are doing a princess bfast for DD and wanted to do something 'special' for DS and we heard about legoland...he loves legos & it seems appropriate for this age group...
thoughts??? anyone been?

Re: nwmr: legoland orlando?

• I have not been but I live in the area and it is about an hour south of disney in a crummy little town. I have heard it is kind of lame for older kids but may be good for kids in your kiddos age bracket. I also heard you won't need a full day to get through it all. Have fun!
  • Legoland is not actually in Orlando, it's about a 45 minute drive away. It is fun for that age but I personally rather do Animal Kingdom. It's not really like a regular zoo and it has some great rides and play areas. If you don't mind the added drive then he'll probably like it a lot!
    My 2 girls, both born on a Friday the 13th, are exactly 2 years, 2 months, 2 hours and 2 minutes apart! And Baby Boy joined us October 11, 2013! image
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I would also recommend Animal Kingdom instead or even reconsider exploring more of magic kingdom. In Animal Kingdom they have a Dinosaur Ride that your 7 year old would probably enjoy if he's tall enough and doesn't mind scary rides. They also have a dino dig. I would say it's not really like the regular zoo.

Also, for boys I would say that Hollywood studios is good b/c it has the star wars ride, star wars academy, a build your own droid station (uses legos) in the star wars gift shop, and a buzz light year ride where you shoot lazers, (you need to go straight to that when you come in and get a fast pass), the 3d Muppet Show, and the Lights Motors Action extreme stunt show (has a lot of fire and fast cars)

Epcot future world is good for boys b/c it has the test track, mission space and also has an area where you do hands on stuff including designing your own roller coaster and then you get to ride it in a simulator, there is also the ice station where you can taste sodas from around the world

And then tomorrow land in magic kingdom has stitches' great escape (which you have to go on to see how cool it is), laugh stop, buzz light year ride (again must go early), and the indy speedway.

If you really think that isn't enough, I'd just go to universal b/c it's closer than legoland and has way more stuff.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

\image  image

• They are only 4 1/2. Would they be able to do all those activities (only 40" tall)?
    Yeah I would also recommend Animal Kingdom instead or even reconsider exploring more of magic kingdom. In Animal Kingdom they have a Dinosaur Ride that your 7 year old would probably enjoy if he's tall enough and doesn't mind scary rides. They also have a dino dig. I would say it's not really like the regular zoo.

Also, for boys I would say that Hollywood studios is good b/c it has the star wars ride, star wars academy, a build your own droid station (uses legos) in the star wars gift shop, and a buzz light year ride where you shoot lazers, (you need to go straight to that when you come in and get a fast pass), the 3d Muppet Show, and the Lights Motors Action extreme stunt show (has a lot of fire and fast cars)

Epcot future world is good for boys b/c it has the test track, mission space and also has an area where you do hands on stuff including designing your own roller coaster and then you get to ride it in a simulator, there is also the ice station where you can taste sodas from around the world

And then tomorrow land in magic kingdom has stitches' great escape (which you have to go on to see how cool it is), laugh stop, buzz light year ride (again must go early), and the indy speedway.

If you really think that isn't enough, I'd just go to universal b/c it's closer than legoland and has way more stuff.

• Yeah I would also recommend Animal Kingdom instead or even reconsider exploring more of magic kingdom. In Animal Kingdom they have a Dinosaur Ride that your 7 year old would probably enjoy if he's tall enough and doesn't mind scary rides. They also have a dino dig. I would say it's not really like the regular zoo.

We went to Disney in Oct and my daughter is 4 1/2.  She loved Animal Kingdom - so much different than a zoo.  The Donald Duck Safari breakfast at Animal Kingdom was fun for my 4 1/2 yr old.  We also did Epcot and they had tons of fun on Test Track (I think we rode it 3 times), Club Cool - where you taste test a variety of Coke flavors and the Soarin' ride.  I was actually surprised that we were entertained at Epcot - I did not have high hopes for it for my kids ages. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • We went this fall.  My daughter was 40 inches and could ride everything but Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, and Rockn Rollercoaster.  She loved Soarin, Thunder Mountain, Splash Mountain, Test Track, Figment, etc.  Magic Kingdom was our favorite, but we loved different aspects of every park.  We went for 10 days, so we had time to visit each park multiple times.
  • We took kids to Legoland when it first opened. They were 8 and 6 at time and probably on the cusp of being a little old. However, they still had a blast. If your kids are starting to get into Legos, it will be an added bonus. It is a drive from Orlando so I would be sure it is worth the effort.

I have only heard amazing things about Animal Kingdom. I would totally reconsider that one, especially for your age range.

*** siggy warning- losses mentioned- everyone welcome *****

Me:  36

DH:  42  (w/ 2 children from prior marriage)

Us:  TTC for our 1st together since August 2013

1st BFP:  November 2013  (m/c at 7 wks)

2nd BFP:  February 2014  (m/c at 6 wks)

RPL Panel started in March 2014

3rd BFP:  May 2014 (m/c at 5 wks)

4th BFP:  June 2014 (CP at 4 wks)

RE appt in June 2014 (all RPL panel tests are normal...it's likely egg quality due to my age and borderline DOR)

Baseline AFC: 8 follies

2 IUI cycles (July and August 2014- both BFN)

IVF #1 w/ ICSI & PGS- October 2014 (AFC: 8 follies; ER Oct 20:  5R/3M/2F;  the 2 only made it to day 3 and stopped growing before biopsy)

key supplements: DHEA (25mg- 3x/day); CoQ10 (300 mg/day) ISWTE believer here!

IVF #2 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS- AFC:  13 follies!   10R/6M/6F-  5 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET scheduled for February 2015 delayed in order to do one more ER in hopes of getting at least 1 more normal embryo

IVF #3 EPP w/ ICSI & PGS:  7R/5M/5F-  2 biopsied for PGS- 1 normal embryo

FET #1 April 23, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred - BFN

FET #2 June 30, 2015:  1 PGS tested embryo transferred- BFP!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"