June 2012 Moms

Taking LO to a show

I'm thinking of getting tickets to Sesame Street live. My DS loves Sesame Street and it is the only tv show that holds his attention. I think he'd love the love show but I'm not sure if he's too young.

Has anyone gone to a live show with LO? How'd it go?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Taking LO to a show

• We took DS to Sesame Street Live at 11 months old. He watched the whole thing. He has always loved TV. We took him to his first movie at just over 2. He sat and watched the whole thing too. I think it depends on the child and whether or not it will hold their attention. DS loved it and we have been 2x when he was younger. I don't think it would hurt to go. Its fun!

Now DD does not have much interest in TV. She is almost 20 months. She will watch entire episodes of Mickey but that's about it. I don't think she would sit and watch all of a Sesame Street show.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DD likes to watch but she gets scared when the crowd cheers and claps. We took her to a couple of ballet performances.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • We took DS to Sesame Street Live at 11 months old. He watched the whole thing. He has always loved TV. We took him to his first movie at just over 2. He sat and watched the whole thing too. I think it depends on the child and whether or not it will hold their attention. DS loved it and we have been 2x when he was younger. I don't think it would hurt to go. Its fun!

Now DD does not have much interest in TV. She is almost 20 months. She will watch entire episodes of Mickey but that's about it. I don't think she would sit and watch all of a Sesame Street show.

The thing is DS won't actually sit the whole time while watching it on tv. He'll watch Sesame Street but he does get up and move around a bit. I was just thinking a live show might be more exciting and engaging for him, you know?

I definitely know he could never sit through a movie right now.

Im not sure if I should wait until he can actually "sit" through something completely.
  • acbfreire said:

DD likes to watch but she gets scared when the crowd cheers and claps. We took her to a couple of ballet performances.

I'm impressed she likes the ballet!

I hadn't thought about the noise being an issue.

• Keep in mind that these shows are made for little people. So if he's standing on his seat and bouncy up and down and not just sitting there watching I don't think many will notice :)
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

The thing is DS won't actually sit the whole time while watching it on tv. He'll watch Sesame Street but he does get up and move around a bit. I was just thinking a live show might be more exciting and engaging for him, you know? I definitely know he could never sit through a movie right now. Im not sure if I should wait until he can actually "sit" through something completely.
    She has been around it since she was in my tummy :) Today she sat still for almost 30 min watching my students rehearse!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • There is absolutely no way I would take dd. She might be interested in the crowd for a short period, however I imagine she will go stir crazy shortly thereafter. She can't even watch tv for 5 minutes yet. Best of luck to you, though.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lurker coming in- we took my son at 18 months. He loved it until they shot off confetti during part of the performance. We spent the rest of the first half of the show in the lobby because the noise freaked him out. However we had no issues getting up and taking him to the lobby and because it's a kids show they aren't expected to stay seated or be super quiet. Overall he enjoyed it but it was pricey.
  • Took DD at 18 months to Disney on Ice. She loved it. I was nervous but it worked out great.

DD - Lucia Alessandra 6/18/12  ~~~  Welcoming Baby Boy!! - 3/26/14

• kami1977 said:

Lurker coming in- we took my son at 18 months. He loved it until they shot off confetti during part of the performance. We spent the rest of the first half of the show in the lobby because the noise freaked him out. However we had no issues getting up and taking him to the lobby and because it's a kids show they aren't expected to stay seated or be super quiet. Overall he enjoyed it but it was pricey.

I'm sorry your LO got scared! But it's good you were able to walk around.

I ended up getting the tickets so we'll see how it goes. I did make sure to get seats on the end of the row in case we need to get up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"