Success after IF

A update to break in

I spoke with the counselor at DS1's school this morning. She advised that I not disclose what happened, but rather to reinforce our safety rules with him, remain calm when discussing it, etc. She also loaned me a copy of The Berenstain Bears Learn About Strangers. I thought I would share that with you, especially moms of older children.

The cops though? OMG I am so livid!! After DS2's play group this morning I went in to the police station to follow up on the police report. It turns out the cop never filed it. AND he is off for the next 3 days. I felt like he was really patronizing to me and blowing off the situation. How are they supposed to keep this guy in jail if there is no report for why he was arrested? This makes no sense to me. I assume that the arrest that was made is only based on the other house he broke into right before mine. But my address is not listed in the system at all. The woman at the desk is passing my information on to the cops Sargent, and I will follow up with that.

Yesterday I knew I was in shock. Today I feel so defeated and unsatisfied with the system that I feel unsafe in my house now. There have been some tears of fear and frustration shed. I talked my mom into staying the night tonight because DH left this morning for a business trip.

My lesson learned is that, as with healthcare, we clearly have to be our own advocate in terms of law enforcement. You can't trust anyone to have your best interests in mind.
Married 9-4-04

***PM me for my IF history***

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Re: A update to break in

• Good thinking talking to the school counselor! That never would have crossed my mind. Excellent advice, and I hope the book helps.
    And shame on that cop! It is very sad that we have to take these matters into our own hands and advocate for our rights. But I'm glad you did. And I'm very glad your mom can stay with you tonight. Hugs.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Thank you for sharing the counselor's ideas! I wouldn't have thought to ask them. I am so sorry about the cop. Hopefully the Sargeant can help and you can feel safe in your house again.
    Dx: Unexplained Infertility

TTC #1 
    IUI's #1 - #3 Clomid = BFN's, IUI #4 Follistim = BFP
    Grayson arrived via emergency c-section on 7/28/12!

TTC #2 
    IUI's #1 - #4 Follistim = BFN's
    IVF #1 w/ ICSI + PGS: Lupron/Follistim/Menopur
    ER 4/13 - 19R, 13F, 4 PGS tested embryos, 1 normal
    5/14 FET: BFP. Beta #1: 123, Beta #2: 327, Beta #3: 854
    Cora arrived 1/23/15 via RCS!
  • Loading the player...
  • That is SO disheartening on the cops.... My sister actually had a similiar situation a few years back. She lives on a main road and was home alone with her baby. All of the sudden a man showed up at her back door and was trying to get in. She also called the cops - who appeared a little dismissive - but actually left a note on her door a few weeks later saying they had caught the guy etc.

Things like this suck no matter what - but to have it hapen when you are home alone with children makes it ten times worse.

I feel for you  but am glad you got your mom to stay with you tonight.

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• SaraevhSaraevh member
    edited January 2014
    How frustrating.  When I felt like I was getting nowhere with the cops after our house got cased but not actually broken into I emailed our alderwoman.  Not only did she get back to me within a few hours, she told me she spoke to the chief of police and I had an officer at my door the next morning.    
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

• I would be so upset with that cop.  I can't imagine how scary that would've been.  Good thinking on talking to your son's counselor.  I hope that something comes of this soon and that guy spends some time in jail.
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
  • You go girl for being on those cops. Wth?! No report!!! Dumb@ss!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Aye I wish you had a better update with the stupid cops. I wouldn't want to stay home either for a bit. So what is best for you and definitely stay on top of the police department. Someone has to make it happen!

Married: 5/09 ~ TTC Since: 10/10 ~ PCOS ~ Progesterone from 10/10 - 2/11 ~ HSG on 3/18 - Clear ~ Started Metformin 1000mg & Clomid 50mg 2/11 ~ Metformin upped to 1500mg 4/6 ~ 6/7 Now going to SG and put on Clomid, Ovidrel, Gonal F, Prometrium, Estrace ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP!!!!!! March 6th our little man was born. 

6/17/13 - Ovidrel, Follistim, Prometrium ~ IUI #1 7/2 = BFP! March 17th our St. Pattys day baby arrived

10/29/17 - Started process for IVF, got pregnant & miscarried a 2nd time since summer. 2/22 started stims - Menopur, Gonal F, Cetrotide - retrieval 3/6 - , PIO, estrace 3xday - FET 4/18 = Beta 1: 616; Beta 2: 1342 = BFP 

• Let me preface this post by saying I am a police officer. I am sorry that this happened to you and that you feel violated. But it appears that you are unaware of the law. From reading your post, the def in this case did not commit a home invasion against you, but an illegal entry. In michigan as most states, illegal entry is a misdemeanor (the lowest 90 day) As opposed to home invasion which is a felony(prison) You should also be aware that illegal entry is a lesser included offense. In the dept where I work, we commonly group a def's offenses in one report to make charging by a prosecutor simpler. And alternately we take the felony offenses only and eliminate includeds as they will be eliminated anyway. I find it offensive that you direct your ire toward the police and not the def. no dept I know will take prints on a misd, especially with a felony in custody for a greater offense. I'm sorry that you feel violated, but your naïveté about crime and the criminal element will only set you up for victimization.
  • Gstarz said:
    Let me preface this post by saying I am a police officer. I am sorry that this happened to you and that you feel violated. But it appears that you are unaware of the law. From reading your post, the def in this case did not commit a home invasion against you, but an illegal entry. In michigan as most states, illegal entry is a misdemeanor (the lowest 90 day) As opposed to home invasion which is a felony(prison) You should also be aware that illegal entry is a lesser included offense. In the dept where I work, we commonly group a def's offenses in one report to make charging by a prosecutor simpler. And alternately we take the felony offenses only and eliminate includeds as they will be eliminated anyway. I find it offensive that you direct your ire toward the police and not the def. no dept I know will take prints on a misd, especially with a felony in custody for a greater offense. I'm sorry that you feel violated, but your naïveté about crime and the criminal element will only set you up for victimization.
    I could not possibly eyeroll any harder at you. This is your first post on this board or any other on TB. This is when you choose to come out of lurkdom?

It's comical that you think I give afuck if I've offended a random cop on the internet. For real.
    Married 9-4-04

[Deleted User]
  • Unsafe in my house? Tears of frustration? Be my own advocate? The eye roll is that you have no idea what happens in the real world. Your overreacting and dramatic. You're one of the obnoxious and annoying residents we deal with daily - who think their problems trump actual crimes. Get over yourself. I'm sure you posted ridiculous attention seeking posts on Facebook also. Lol. I found your post so hilarious I had to check you on your ignorance. It's sad that you are raising children with your lack of common sense. Hahaha
  • Oh and checking my # of posts indicates huge give a fuck behavior.
  • Gstarz said:
    Unsafe in my house? Tears of frustration? Be my own advocate? The eye roll is that you have no idea what happens in the real world. Your overreacting and dramatic. You're one of the obnoxious and annoying residents we deal with daily - who think their problems trump actual crimes. Get over yourself. I'm sure you posted ridiculous attention seeking posts on Facebook also. Lol. I found your post so hilarious I had to check you on your ignorance. It's sad that you are raising children with your lack of common sense. Hahaha
    What's your IF history? Why are you here? You are a troll, and not a very good one.
    Married 9-4-04

• Gstarz said:

Unsafe in my house? Tears of frustration? Be my own advocate? The eye roll is that you have no idea what happens in the real world. Your overreacting and dramatic. You're one of the obnoxious and annoying residents we deal with daily - who think their problems trump actual crimes. Get over yourself. I'm sure you posted ridiculous attention seeking posts on Facebook also. Lol. I found your post so hilarious I had to check you on your ignorance. It's sad that you are raising children with your lack of common sense. Hahaha

Of course she's reacting and being dramatic, and rightly so. It's a terrifying situation. And we are her friends, we are here for her to vent to.
    Lack of awareness of police procedures are to be expected from a non police officer. Perhaps if anyone had taken the time to explain them to @queenbone, she would have more knowledge. But instead, she gets you acting like a jerk bursting into her safe place and debasing her. YOU are the one being obnoxious and annoying. Go away.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
    [Deleted User]queenboneSaraevh[Deleted User]
  • @tj1979 said exactly what I was thinking only she said it in a much nicer way than I would have!

Not that you need us to help fight your little internet war @queenbone, but clearly this person must not have children because no one, cop or not, who had kids would ever consider your reaction to someone trying to get into your house while you were alone with your three children to ever be "dramatic."

@gstarz is probably just mad because calls like yours require her to put down the doughnut and get off of her chair ass. Baaaaa. Take a hike. 
    *My Loves, My Life, My Littles*

02/18/11, 05/24/12 and 12/03/13

TJ1979[Deleted User][Deleted User]queenbone
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"