Pregnant after 35
Options

Fun parts of being prego

We tend to dwell on the serious (medical) or uncomfortable parts of pregnancy (heartburn, anyone?), so what about the good stuff? For me, tons, but top of the list is regular reminders that people are really nice. I fly a lot. When I'm pregnant, the number of people who start up friendly conversations, offer to help with bags or holding doors, etc, skyrockets. I love how pregnancy just reminds me of how danged nice people can be. I also love feeling baby kicks, wearing stretchy pants with tunics in public, and imagining how life will be when this little bean finally sprouts. Anyone else have any to share?

Re: Fun parts of being prego

• Options
    Now that I'm experiencing regular movement, I am enjoying the process of being pregnant more.  I can't say that I've ever worry-free though.   I also appreciate that it has made me slow down.   In the past, I felt that I had to be accomplishing something every evening and weekend day, whether it be a workout, cleaning, running errands, working on a project.   I have a lot more evenings / weekends where I just relax now.  
    Me-41, Hubby-40.
    1st BFP-8/17/12!  Missed Miscarriage discovered @ 8 week US.  D&C.
    2nd BFP-2/13/13!  Blighted Ovum discovered @ 8 week US. Natural miscarriage.
    3rd BFP-5/22/13!  By early June, progesterone plummeting.  Another loss.
    August 2013 - started Donor Egg process, but surprise BFP with my own eggs.
    Dear Son born 5/28/14
  • Options
    Unlike the nervous, neurotic person I normally am, pregnancy has made me quite mellow! I love it and hope against hope it lasts post-partum! I also sleep awesome--even still in the third tri! I really hope I just didn't jinx myself!

AMA & SAIF. TTC #1 since Oct. 2010. DX: Unexplained. BFP on break after 32 months trying and 2 med cycles. Baby girl born at 40w0d!

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage

jbelle

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Now that all of the testing is done- genetic screening, maternit21, anatomy scans- I feel I can fully breathe and enjoy it! The fact that I am finally starting to feel him is just amazing :) how blessed we all are. I am so thankful for this amazing gift :)
  • Options
    I'm a teacher of 3rd graders (8-9 yr olds). It never ceases to amaze me how floored they are when I'm in the middle of teaching and someone catches movement from my stomach. A foot poking out, a bump moving across, etc... The entire class has to stop and have a baby conversation. There is no deterring them. I've learned it's better to finish the conversation otherwise their curiosity is literally choking them. Even after LO was born, they want to know how she's doing and buying her birthday presents like she's their own sibling or class mascot.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"