December 2011 Moms

Vegetarian recipes

Hi ladies. 
Im back and forth on this board. Most of the time I just lurk. 
I need help though. My son absolutely refuses to eat any form of meat at all! 
We try to hide it in the food and he cleverly picks it out. 

Any vegetarian recipes or cookbooks? 

Thanks ladies!!! 
** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
DS: December 19, 2011
MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Vegetarian recipes

• Leap08Leap08 member
    edited January 2014
    Will he eat beans or eggs? I am mostly vegetarian and those are two of my protein staples. There are tons of great bean recipes. Some of my favorites: veggie chilli, black beans and rice, lentil stew, black bean and sweet potato tacos or burritos, and hummus with pita and veggies. Quinoa also has a good amount of protein, so sometimes I use that instead of rice with stir fried veggies. DD2 will not eat a beef hamburger, but she loves veggie burgers. I buy morning star farm grillers, but there are lots of different kinds. You might give that a try. I don't really have a great cookbook. I do a lot of web searches for vegetarian ideas.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • We do Dr. Praeger's spinach and broccoli pancakes, G loves them and they are pretty easy, then also I started making green bean fries, which basically is just green beans baked with some parm and garlic sprinkled on top, also butternut squash is good- I made a risotto with and it was pretty good, but unfortunately G is more of a meat eater so my efforts were somewhat wasted. 

TTC#1 May 2009- July 2010 on our own with no luck

Started with RE in August 2010, dx with unexplained IF and then finally our 3rd IUI cycle using Follistim and Trigger resulted in our wonderful little man.  Born 12/2/11

TTC#2 Never really prevented, but were careful early on as Dr. reccomended

Surprise BFP 12/16/13, started progesterone immediately as first numbers came back low, but betas were good.  Progesterone wasnt enough. Natural MC 12/24/13.

Back with RE as of January 2014...

5/27/14- Chemical Pregnancy :(

April 2015 IVF#1

5/13/15- BFP, please stick LO!

Oh and I'm a major Harry Potter Nerd :)

Silly mugglesimage

• Loading the player...
  • Yes he eats eggs and refried beans. He doesn't like whole beans. We generally stick to yogurt,  quesadillas, p b j , string cheese (which he's still iffy with), noodles.
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"