Baby Showers
Options

Thank You note question

My grandma sent a generous check along with her Christmas card this year, and included a note that it was for the baby. I promptly wrote her a thank you note. (So, less than a month ago.) At my shower this weekend, she was there and obviously didn't bring another gift, but brought a fruit salad (as part of lunch - my mom hosted and it was a small, casual event.) Should I send her another thank you note? (for attending and possibly also for bringing the salad?)
imageimage

Re: Thank You note question

• Options
    Why not? She took time and effort to make your day more special, and the effort to send the TY note is far less than the happiness you'll give her.
  • Options
    Why not? Bc, well, it seems a little silly but I've heard people say that sending a TY card when someone attends a gift-giving event and doesn't bring a gift comes across a little as "fishing" for a gift. Obviously not really applicable in this case, but yeah, maybe I am over-thinking it.
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I send thank you cards anytime someone gives me anything, or helps with something. 

image image
    imageimage
  • Options

Yes, totally. 

I wouldn't mention the check though, just that is was lovely to see her and that the salad was delicious.

BFP 1- EDD 2/09/11 Missed MC DX @11 weeks D&C- 7/25/10 BFP 2- EDD 12/22/11 Natural MC @ 5w 2d BFP 3- EDD 1/25/12 DD Josephine born 1/16/12

Lilypie - (TUWi)

• Options
    Yes, send her a note. Make it sweet, not business-like. What grandma wouldn't love to receive a letter from her granddaughter??
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone! I did. :-)
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"