September 2014 Moms
Options

Canadian Moms?

I think I saw a few people mention they were Canadian in their intros, so was wondering how many Canadian ladies we have in Sept 14?

I am in Ontario, but originally from Nova Scotia.

Sep14 February Siggy Challenge: Favorite Romantic Movie - A Knight's Tale

Happily welcomed healthy baby girl December 2011.

Excited to welcome a new addition September 2014!

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Canadian Moms?

• Options
    Hey! I am from Canada, in Ontario as well. Grew up on the other side of the river, Quebec, but moved here for work and to be with DH!
  • Options
    I'm orginally from Ontario, but now live in Alberta
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Calgary!!
  • Options

So, here's a question for the Canadians, have you started thinking about the parental leave, particularly if your partner will take any of it? We get a year off and, as we both work for the federal government, there isn't a difference in pay between which of us takes the leave. We talked about DH taking some time off with DD, but we bought a house instead, so I took the whole time to keep life simple. This time, we are planning on him taking the last 2 months (i.e., summer) off with the baby. I have more vacation time than him, so I will probably work 4 days/week and we would have more family time that way.

Anyone else thinking about this or have experiences to share?

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    @Maggie-Moo actually I haven't thought of it too much because it's so early but now that you mention it you make it sound really nice. I MAY give him a month and take the last month off as leave or a gradual return as I also have more time off than him. My only concern with doing that is if I am still nursing. My son self weaned at 11 months despite me not being ready so it could have worked but I can't predict that! I really enjoyed that last month off because DS was finally STTN and we were in such a good routine. I like that we're due in September so we could have the last month off together or partially together, before baby goes to daycare. Lots of pros and cons to weigh out!
  • Options

The only reason I am thinking of it now is that was a big topic of discussion as DH and I were doing our family planning (read: I was convincing him we needed another baby).

For us, it was a good option with DD as nursing didn't go well, so she was combo right from the hospital and then was FF fairly early on. So, DH did a lot in the early months and there weren't those concerns about me not being home. This time I will try BF again, and do things a little differently now that I know a little more (latch issues and found some good options a little too late to be of really good help). Either way, I have a flexible work environment and think we could still make it work even if I went back to work at 10 months. 

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    AmandaR204AmandaR204 member
    edited January 2014
    There was a thread for Canadian check In. I'm in Whitby, east of Toronto, near oshawa. I grew up in Michigan though
    BabyName Ticker}
  • Options
    Southern Ontario!

• Options
    London, Ontario :)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Beautiful British Columbia!
    @Maggie-Moo, I took all of the parental leave but a few of our friends split it and the dads LOVED it. I think it depends on your DH.

• Options
    Calgary Alberta

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"