Success after IF

Does it stop?

So my LO has been constipated, I called pedi and she recommended gripe water after telling me its normal for newborns to strain. She gets so fussy, red in the face and cries, I feel so bad. I massaged her belly which helped the first day only. The gripe water helps her, she goes with no strain or fuss, and has been able to sleep a lot more peaceful, however when is enough? I did it three times today because she was so constipated, my poor baby. The box says ok for 6x a day, its also all natural, but will she ever be able to go alone? I can't imagine going back to work, leaving her with my mom while she's all constipated and fussy.

Any advice?

Here she is after she did the worlds biggest poop.

& here she was yesterday for all her visitors.
TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
jessica_gail2

Re: Does it stop?

• Callum strained a lot when he was a newborn. We gave him probiotics for the first six months and they seemed to help. The kind we used was bio gaia, I think it's gerber now. Good luck!
    *Formerly peainthepod?* TTC since 1/1/2006. All cycles BFN! IUI's & IVF with no luck. Emergency surgery 11/07 due to hemmoraging cyst on left ovary. 3rd HSG showed complete blockage of right tube (the good side), endo/cysts/adhesion removal 11/11. New start for 2012! Surprise BFP 6/17/12, due 2/12/13. It's a boy!!! Baby Boy born on January 26, 2013. 
    ForevAAROSE
  • Dylan also strained a lot in the beginning.  For him, part of it was that he was just not yet aware of his own muscles, and needed to figure out the effective way to "strain" or push to go.  It resulted in him making a lot of grunting noises.  Once he got used to what he was supposed to do, he was fine.  I would say by 1 month or so...
    After 1.5 years TTC, IUI #2= BFP 12/2/12

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"And the dream that you dare to dream really do come true"

ForevAAROSE
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks ladies. She'll be three weeks on Thursday, she is stilm supposed to be in my belly, she came a month early so that possibly has something to do with it. I just hate to see her in so much discomfort. She has a doc appt on Thursday, so ill be sure to bring it up again.
    TTC Since 112010 Naturally. Diagnose:PCOS(ME) + Low Motility(HIM). Started IVF+ICSI Cycle 12312. ER 27 & ET 210 two embies transferred. *BFN 1ST IVF CYCLE.* **Getting as healthy as possible and will try IVFICSI#2 again hopefully in April.** -- HAVE FAITH; LET GO & LET GOD --
  • I gave probiotics only if I really thought I was dealing with a constipation issue. That said, they work well, both for constipation and for diarrhea. Good thing to keep in the fridge.

IVF #1 ET 1 d3 embryo 10/30/11 BFP
    3 Embryos frozen (1 d5, 2 d6)

DS born 07/29/12

FET #1 ET 1 d5 embryo 02/10/15 BFN

FET #2 1 d6 embryo didn't survive thaw, transferred last d6. CP :(

ForevAAROSE
  • ancp27 said:
    Callum strained a lot when he was a newborn. We gave him probiotics for the first six months and they seemed to help. The kind we used was bio gaia, I think it's gerber now. Good luck!
    Same for DS.
    DH and I are Americans living an adventure in Kenya since 2011
    DX: PCOS (annovulatory)
    Feb 2012: IUI #1 w/ only 1M sperm and a single follie = BFP! 
    Nov 2012: Little buddy born in Kenya
    Nov 2013: Trying for a second, still w PCOS
    Dec 2013: IUI cycle canceled for non-response
    Jan 2014: Break cycle BFP!

Pregnancy Ticker
    ForevAAROSE
  • This is very normal (even healthy!) for a newborn. They are learning how to use their "parts" to digest. We gave G gas drops a few times a day, I'm not even sure it made much of a difference but at least it made me feel as if I was doing something to help. I remember that it was so sad to watch her struggle! Once she it 6 weeks it was much easier for her. Congrats on your little lady. :)
    dx: MFI 0% morph & low count. Occasional Anovulatory cycles.

TTC #1
    • IVF #1 4/21/12 - c/p
    • IVF#2 8/1/12 - BFP! DD arrived 4/10/2013.

TTC #2
    • FET #1 3/18/14 - BFP! DS arrived 11/19/2014.

ForevAAROSE
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"