LGBT Parenting

TTC Check- In

Good morning everyone. Please share with us how your TTC journey is progressing and how you are doing if you would like.

QOTW: If you like to read, what is your favorite book? If you aren't a huge fan of reading, what is your favorite movie?

Me: 30  DW (aka C): 29

Together since 2/15/11 ~ Legally married in NY on 9/29/12

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

12/6/14 - Started BCPs in prep for IVF #2

12/22/14 - Saline u/s and endometrial scratch (All was clear and OUCH!)

1/2/15 - Began stimming for IVF #2

****All Welcome!****

We are Mommas to four fur babies - 3 dogs and 1 cat.

Re: TTC Check- In

• I jumped the gun on counting myself in for CD 1 on Friday. I have been spotting since Friday, but no official CD 1 yet. So, nothing new here. Just waiting... Although spotting so early in a cycle isn't a good thing, I am looking forward to hopefully starting a new cycle sooner than what would be normal. I'm going to ask about using progesterone for this next cycle to help increase the odds that I won't spot/get my period so early.

I did go shopping over the weekend and got some new pants. Bonus - they were all on sale! I hate paying full price for anything and always love a good deal.

QOTW: One of my all time favorite books is The Diary of Anne Frank. I have read it several times. Along with Gone With the Wind, it is probably one of my most prized possessions of my book collection.

***CP mentioned***

We've been working on baby #1 since July 2013 using Open ID donor sperm.  8 IUI attempts with 5 actual IUIs and one chemical pregnancy.  We have one fresh IVF cycle under our belts as well as a FET.  I have endometriosis and a uterine septum that was corrected via surgery in November 2013. 

11/14/14 -  Second HSG shows that tubes are still clear and ute is looking good. 

****All Welcome!****

• I'll post our update today since I'm on a bit of a sugar high from my breakfast smoothie and can't exactly focus at work yet.

H. started her Lupron today, so we're both a bit on edge while we figure out what effect it's going to have on her.   I've got 2 more days of the BCP before I stop to get a period before going on Estrace.    H. will stop her BCP next Monday to get a period and we're expecting her to start stimming next weekend probably.    I'm working my schedule out now so we can be flexible to all the appointments. 

QOTW:   I love to read!   Choosing a favourite book is difficult for me because it really depends on my mood but my current favourite that I WISH more people would read is a book called "Solitaire" by Kelley Eskridge.    I got it for $2.99 from a bargain bin and it was a great find.  It features queer characters and a pretty complex story.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    queer couple - 32 (me) & 33 (my love) years old - donor sperm,

Our IF/TTC journey since Nov 2012.

Me: dx of DOR in Nov. 2012. Low AMH, AFC - 6, Normal FSH, SS-A (RO) Antibodies (Autoimmune issues), tubes clear, Sono (November 2013) NORMAL! <p>

7 IUI's - December 2012-September 2013.  Medicated, Injected, Triggered.... all BFN.

My Love:  (the amazing @Healz413)
    Normal AMH & FSH, AFC ~27, blocked tube dx'd via HSG in 2012.   Hydrosalpinx & ovarian cyst dx'd in May 2013.
    dx of Stage IV Endo & bilateral salpinectomy in June 2013.  

Partner IVF#1a- December 2013 - H's eggs, my Ute - CANCELLED due to low response
    Partner IVF #1b - February 2014 - H's eggs, my Ute - ER February 4 (10 retrieved, 3 fertilized), Transfer Feb 7 of one Grade 1 and one Grade 2 day 3 embryos.  1 - Day 3, Grade 1 frosty saved.   BFP - 6dp3dt via FRER, Beta #1 - 110, Beta #2 175, Beta #3 - 348, Beta #4 - 2222!, Beta #5 - 4255.  Ultrasound (6w1d) - 2 heartbearts!  

We lost our beautiful Twin baby girls on June 18, 2014.  Tavin Sara and Casey Elizabeth were born at 21 weeks gestation and were absolutely beautiful, precious, amazing babies.  We miss our daughters every day and love them with all our hearts.

• Loading the player...
  • lamaitresselamaitresse member
    edited January 2014
    We had our "Orientation Day" at the clinic on Wednesday, which was basically just 2.5hr marathon counselling session with a social worker. She was really great and we both felt good about the session. It did bring up a couple of things for Smurf that she hadn't considered, such as how she is going to feel as a non-genetic parent. She is still mulling it over.

The social worker gave us a lot of great resources about choosing when and how to tell the child how they came to be in the world (there are some great books/pamphlets from the DC Network in the UK if you are interested/curious), and also recommended we speak with a family lawyer to make sure that Smurf's rights as a parent are recognized properly.

Next appointment is Jan 24th, and I go for an ultrasound for uterine measurement and talk to the doc about medication. At this rate, we're probably not going to get a cycle in before I leave for Calgary, so it's looking more and more like we won't actually start until May.

ETA... QOTW, I always forget this! My favourite book is Dune by Frank Herbert. I don't usually enjoy sci-fi but this one just grabs me and doesn't let go. I also really enjoy true crime, especially those by Ann Rule. The Stranger Beside Me is particularly fascinating.

Lesbian couple from SW Ontario, Canada | Me: 29 + 1 DF: 44 | Together 3.5 yrs, getting married in 2015 | TTC since Jun 2013

My Dx: PCOS, blocked fallopian tube(s), mild endometriosis & uterine septum (both removed during surgery Oct 11/13)

Jun 24/13: referral to Fertility Clinic ordered by gyne

Aug 15/13: initial consult with FS at Victoria Hospital Fertility Clinic, BW & HSG ordered 

Aug 20/13: HSG shows one tube completely blocked, other tube slow to fill

Sep 18/13: FU w/FS re: HSG & BW. BW normal, laser laparoscopy & hysteroscopy ordered

Oct 11/13: Hysteroscopy, laser laparoscopy, & HSG determined I actually have a uterine septum and mild endometriosis, and that my tubes were never blocked! Septum and endo removed with laser during surgery. Post-op in 6 wks.

Nov 26/13: Post-op - fully healed with no complications; confirmed tubes are clear and septum and endo removed. Referred to Donor Insemination program.

• I should be starting my period today based on my temps so fingers crossed I see red soon!!!  Then I can move forward and try again :) I'll start with a baseline u/s, get an HSG (so not looking forward to that), get back on Clomid, and hopefully get my IUI before our cruise to the Bahamas.  That means part of my 2WW will be spent in warmer climates, basking in the sun.  Sounds good to me!  The less I focus on my "symptoms" over the 2WW the better.  I always end up driving myself crazy.

QOTW: Oh, boy... Asking me to pick my favorite book is like asking me to pick a favorite color or favorite food... it varies every day, and I love so many that it's really impossible to pick one.  It's impossible to even pick a favorite genre.  I love any book that has a good story.  If there's no good story, I won't enjoy it.  If it doesn't capture my attention in the first 2 chapters, I will not waste my time reading it.  There are too many other good books out there to piddle my time away on something I'm not enjoying.  If the author kills off the protagonist's pet in some horrible fashion, I shut down and stop reading (why oh why do authors think that's a good track to take???  Do they think it's going to help build sympathy for the protagonist's plight? This happens way more often than it should).   

Right now I'm reading a book called Wild Card.  It's a good page turner.  Suspense and romance.  Not deep reading, but it's very enjoyable :) Next up I'm going to read A Moveable Feast by Hemmingway.

• We are getting closer to our first insem. Had an u/s done today to see how far along my follies have grown. There are 3 in there thanks to clomid. I should find out at the end of the day today when we will go in for the baby makin. Since we are doing them back to back, I am hoping for Tuesday/Wednesday. 
  • Hello friends. I'm cd 9 today and finished the clomid on cd 7. I am scheduled for lots of appointments this week, including my annual exam with a new obgyn. I scheduled with her because she is affiliated with a baby centered hospital and I am hoping we like her. DW just got off duty and is exhausted and trying to fight off the illness I am still getting through, so I made her stay home. I told her there would be plenty of time to meet the obgyn later.

I have acupuncture tomorrow, sonohysterogram Wednesday and clomid ultrasound Friday. Fun!

I did get all of my blood work back and all of my hormone levels are normal. This is a good thing. The only level that seemed low, even though it was normal, was estradiol. I will be talking with my re about that. Also, pcos is rearing it's ugly head and my Metformin may need to be increased. I've lost 7 pounds in the last month, so hopefully it will be a non issue soon enough.

That's all for now!

Qotw: I love books. There is no way to narrow down my favorites!

TTC our first. Married to, and madly in love with, my beautiful wife. Living with our fur baby and enjoying 19 nieces and nephews. 
    • DW and I have been tracking, preparing, getting medical testing since January 2013.
    • First Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 08/02/13: BFN
    • Second Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm 09/11/13, 09/13/13, 09/15/13: BFN
    • Third Cycle: Unmedicated ICI w/ Donor Sperm: 10/13/13, 10/15/13, 10/17/13, 10/21/13: BFN
    • January 2014: Sonohysterogram shows excellent lining & tubes have no blockages
    • Fourth Cycle:  Monitored clomid cycle  w/ ICI's at home: 1/24/14 and 1/25/14. Ovulation verified:  BFN
    • Fifth Cycle: 02/2014 Femara 5mg with ovidrel trigger CD14: BFN
    • Taking a few months off to evaluate if we want to keep trying

• Hello:
    Looks like we are BFN for #9. Today is 12dpiui and we got a bfn on an HPT this morning, with signs of a period shortly after that.
    We are feeling really strange about it. Not to sad... Because I think we are both so numb from the first 8. But hey, I will take the numbness :)
    Our big news is, we have decided we are going to pursue becoming foster parents. We have so much love to give, and feel like maybe all these fertility issues may be leading us to a bigger purpose. A has been wanting to do it for a while, and I was scared, but something clicked yesterday, and I feel like it may be right for us. We are not going to discontinue trying to get pregnant, we are just ready to give a child the gift of love (in whatever form that child takes).

QOTD: there is a book I love called "Shades of Grey" (not to be confused with 50 Shades if Grey). I am officially obsessed. I have read it twice and listened to the audio book twice. It is a dystopian novel where the societal hierarchy is based on your ability to perceive different colors. It is truly fascinating... I love it in a way that many people love Harry Potter, except there is no one else has ever read it, so there is no one to talk to about it!

Baby Hayden Frances born 12/20/14 at 11:11 a.m...  Our perfect little miracle.  Here's how we got here:

My lovely wife:

5 IUI's January 2013-June 2013- 3 Cycles with Clomid- BFN

Myself: Genderqueer guy who hopped in the driver's seat of the baby making train

IUI #6- 7/23- Monitored and Trigger on Day 12, with one 16mm follicle and one 18mm follicle- BFN

IUI #7- 8/21- Not monitored, 50mg Clomid- BFN

September and October: Missed Cycles due to vacation and a Half Marathon

IUI #8- Monitored and triggered on day 15, with one 23x18mm follicle- BFN on 11/19/2013

December:  Moved onto to see an RE to make a good plan.

IUI #9- 1/1/2014 Natural Cycle, BFP on 1/15/2014,  6W Ultra-Sound Reveals nothing in Gestation Sack... Natural M/C at 7W, 2/3/2014

IUI #10 3/21/2014- Natural Cycle- BFP on 4/1/2014 (please don't be an April Fools.  Beta #1 13dpiui- 48, Beta #2 16dpiui- 416, Beta #3 1018...

1st Ultrasound- 4/22/2014- 6w4d HB- 134!

Check out my Blog at: http://pregnantboithinksoutloud.blogspot.com/ 

• As @Manada said, we started lupron injections today. I have one more week of BCP and then I wait for my period to come, then we should start stimming on day 2 if I'm adequately suppressed (which I assume I will be between the BCPs and the lupron and the fact that I was perhaps over suppressed last cycle). We're still looking at an early February egg retrieval if things go well.

I scared myself a bit last night reading horror stories of some people's experiences with lupron--night terrors, hallucinations, and severe bone pain. I realize these side effects happen only in a minority of people (most people experience increased moodiness and maybe vivid dreams), but it doesn't mean it didn't scare me.

Last night I had a dream that we had to do an HCG trigger shot for me and we asked a friend of ours to do it. in the dream, she was a nurse, which is why we asked her. Anyway, we told her to do the injection in the back of the leg (we meant in the upper butt/hip, but we said the wrong thing) and she thought we meant in the calf. I hope I never have to get  a calf injection in real life because in my dream it was excruciatingly painful (and it didn't help that I forgot to take the weight off that leg) but I couldn't scream because I didn't want to make my friend feel bad.
    Oh TTC anxiety dreams. Good times.

QOTW: I also love a wide variety of books. If I had to pick one fiction book that I wish more of the world would read and that made a big difference for me it is "Ishmael." I've recently gotten into the young adult books including the "Hunger Games" and "Divergent" series. And I love mystery/suspense books (but not thrillers!), especially ones with women as the main characters.
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Hello: Looks like we are BFN for #9. Today is 12dpiui and we got a bfn on an HPT this morning, with signs of a period shortly after that. We are feeling really strange about it. Not to sad... Because I think we are both so numb from the first 8. But hey, I will take the numbness :) Our big news is, we have decided we are going to pursue becoming foster parents. We have so much love to give, and feel like maybe all these fertility issues may be leading us to a bigger purpose. A has been wanting to do it for a while, and I was scared, but something clicked yesterday, and I feel like it may be right for us. We are not going to discontinue trying to get pregnant, we are just ready to give a child the gift of love (in whatever form that child takes). QOTD: there is a book I love called "Shades of Grey" (not to be confused with 50 Shades if Grey). I am officially obsessed. I have read it twice and listened to the audio book twice. It is a dystopian novel where the societal hierarchy is based on your ability to perceive different colors. It is truly fascinating... I love it in a way that many people love Harry Potter, except there is no one else has ever read it, so there is no one to talk to about it!
    I'm so angry on your and @firstcomeslove2013's account about the BFN. I was so hoping that @Manada and I would have reason to be friendly-jealous of you two!!! I hope this turns out to have been a luck of the draw/ numbers game type of situation for you and that now that you're with an RE, the next time will be the charm. I know that it is hard to be hopeful, though, when you keep going through BFN after BFN. I remember telling M after our last BFN (or perhaps the one before)-- "These pregnancy tests are worthless! We might as well have you peeing on popsicle sticks"

FOSTERING! That's exciting!!!
    ****loss discussed*****

We're queer. I'm 33, have severe stage 4 endo, and had both fallopian tubes removed. My love ("Manada" on the boards, 32) was diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve. We did Partner IVF (my eggs, her uterus). We lost our twins Tavin and Casey at 21 weeks gestation.

Our IUIs
    with @Manada: IUI# 1-7 (December 2012- September 2013) all BFN. Tried natural, femara, clomid, puregon/follistim, clomid and menopur combo, both the ovidrel and HCG triggers.

Our IVFs:
    IVF #1 my eggs November/December 2013: Cancelled IVF due to poor response

IVF #2 my eggs/Manada's uterus January/February 2014
    BCPs and lupron overlap Stimmed: 1/22-2/2: Bravelle and Menopur (dosage ranged from B300 and M150 to B375 and M150 to B300 and M225)
    2/4 retrieved 10 eggs. Endo was much worse than expected. Only 3 eggs fertilized; February 7 transferred two day 3 embryos, froze one. All great condition.
    BFP eve of 6dp3dt; Beta 1 (11dp3dt): 110; Beta 2 (13dp3dt): 175; Beta 3 (15dp3dt): 348; Beta 4 (19dp3dt): 2222; Beta 5 (21dp3dt): 4255
    1st ultrasound (3/6  6w 1d): TWINS!!!! Twin A measuring 6w1d with a heartbeat of 118bpm. Twin B measuring 6w0d with a heartbeat of 113bpm. 

***July 18, 2014 we lost our beautiful babies at 21 weeks gestation. They were born too early. Tavin Sara T. and Casey Elizabeth T. are beautiful and precious and we will love them and miss them forever.***

FET #1 December 2014
    Intralipid infusion on Dec 10. Transfer of 1 day 3 nine-cell embryo into my uterus on Dec. 19. (acupuncture immediately before and after)
    BFP on Dec. 27; Beta 1 Jan 2 (14dp3dt): 665, Beta 2 Jan 4 (16dp3dt): 1859, Beta 3 Jan 6 (18dp3dt): 4449, Beta 4 Jan 10 (22dp3dt): 12,251.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • @doodah1013 - I had high hopes for a BFP for you. I'm sorry it didn't turn out that way. I'm glad you are continuing forward and yay for fostering!

***CP mentioned***

****All Welcome!****

• Well, we ended up having to sit this cycle out due to me having the flu... *insert impossibly large sigh here*

Some of you may remember I posted in last week's thread about not being sure about this cycle due to possibly needing to have a LEEP. Well, I still haven't gotten word back yet from my gyn about that, but it turns out that it didn't matter because I got the flu and had a fever for about 4 days straight.

Still battling the flu, but at least the fever part seems to be gone, but we didn't want to do an insem with me being so sick (not that I was in the "mood" for a home insem, anyway).

I swear, if it's not one thing, it's another... I'm about ready to give up on this entire process altogether. There seems to be way too many roadblocks to even attempting to get pregnant, not to mention the process of actually getting pregnant and then carrying to term.

So now we have to wait until next month and hope that I will ovulate on the unblocked side. Though I'm not sure that will happen since I was set to ovulate on the unblocked side THIS MONTH. If I don't O on the unblocked side next month, then that means we will be looking at March as our next possibility.

I hate this, and I'm totally over it. Sorry for all the negative energy. I think the flu combined with TTC issues will do that to you. I'm going back to bed with my tea and codeine-laced cough syrup now...

IUI #1 - November 2013 - BFN
    ICI #1 (home) - May 2014 - BFP!! Beta #1 - 5/30 - 164; Beta #2 - 6/6 - 4794!!!

Pregnancy Ticker

• WE are 4dpiui. Friday's insemination was a difficult procedure.  We were in there and for some reason my bladder wasn't full enough. So we drank more water and waited another 20 minutes. Then we had troubles with threading the tube. The path to my cervix apparently banks a hard right (almost a 90* angle) and is usually a little harder but this time it wasn't even lining up so he had to numb my cervix, then grab it and move it around.  Needless to say I was not feeling to well after that.  The good news is that there were one great sized follicle on the left and a good size on the right so double the chances.  Now we wait.  Not sure how well I will take yet another BFN

QOTW: If you like to read, what is your favorite book? If you aren't a huge fan of reading, what is your favorite movie?

I absolutely LOVE reading (hence my LIterature/Lang Arts Major for my bachelor's degree.  ONe of my favorite books is Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult. Actually I love almost all of her books (yes, I have read them all!!) She is amazing at writing in such a way that you get to know all sides of some very serious issues.  Sing You Home is another amazing book and it is about a lesbian couple and having children.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Married to M and proud mothers to Olivia and Elise (8/19/2014) and to our fur-babies: Capone (pitbull), Jax and Atticus (cats)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"