Attachment Parenting

DIY Woven Wraps

I'm really wanting a woven wrap, however I simply cannot afford to buy one. The most I'm willing to spend is $30 and I haven't had much luck finding any for that low. I'd love to make one myself so I was wondering what fabrics are best. I've heard of osnaburg and 100% cotton. Are there any other good options? Also, if you happen to know of reputable sites for purchasing inexpensive wraps, let me know :)
imageimageimage

Re: DIY Woven Wraps

• I made a DIY cotton gauze wrap for the summer. Well, when I say "made" I mean, I had the fabric cut and never hemmed the edges ;)  I spent less than $15. I chose a fabric that was only very slightly stretchy diagonally (not vertically), and though it was very sheer, it was also wide, so I was able to fold it over itself like a Moby for more support. It works beautifully for front carries, but it's not the most comfortable for back carries. 

• I think osnaburg give you the most "woven like" wrap for the cheapest price.  You want to be careful with cottons off of the bolt - most are not the right weave for a wrap and if you find some that is, it likely won't be that much cheaper than buying a woven.  Tablecloths are often the right material - but you can only get a shortie out of them (I'm not a fan of having seams in wraps for a number of reasons).  100% linen is another option - I don't care for linen as much and that's also not as cheap an option.  Gauze works too - although I think it's a less comfortable option than osnaburg (as the gauze you get tends to be thinner at the fabric store).  HTH!
  • Loading the player...
  • That's what I found, when looking for a fabric that was an acceptable weave - it wasn't going to be much more expensive to just buy a wrap.
    IMG_8355
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Oh wow. That's awesome. I'll have to look into that. Thank you :)
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"