Adoption
Options

on the final countdown

Waiting (not quite so patiently) for our baby girl to arrive! She's due the 22nd (dr will induce if she's not here by then too since we are traveling from several states away) but our BM has had a lot of back pain/hard contractions the last 24 hours. We have been asked to be in the delivery room & to be the first ones to hold her- we feel so blessed for this opportunity. 

Hoping we can get some rest the next few nights before we get "the call"!! 

Re: on the final countdown

• Options
    Good luck. I know it's exciting. Also, remember that the time in the hospital is the only time that she has to parent--- try to temper excitement with space for her and her family to say and do what they need to with the baby.  Good luck!!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Best of luck to you guys.  It's going to be an emotional couple of days for everyone involved. The best advice we got prior to going to the hospital (from my attorney actually)... was be flexible and have few expectations of what will happen when, then you won't be so strung out as things change along the way. 

I also was able to be in the room and got to cut the cord, as well as be the primary care taker during our sons time in the hospital. My attorneys advice was what kept me going during the first 12 hours. The day nurses were wonderful and the night nurse was alittle more old fashioned and not quite so understanding and supportive. 

Take a deep breathe and hold on :) BEST OF LUCK TO YOU ALL!
    Blessed with 2 amazing little boys. One grew in my tummy and the other my heart.

06/30/10 my 1st son was born on my birthday. 
    TTC #2 since 05/2011 BFP- Feb 2012, EDD- 11/01/12, m/c- 03/05/12 @ 5w+4d 
    12/20/13 my 2nd son was born and placed in my arms.
    Surprise BFP- Nov 2014, EDD- 8/06/215, mc 12/24/2015 @ 8w+6d
    SURPRISE - BFP- 4/8/2105

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Change of plans for induction to be on 27th rather than 22nd.
  • Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed that all goes smoothly for BM and you and your H!
    10/27/07
  • Options
    Good luck!!

5/10 - Gideon 6/12 Warren
    4/11 Started adoption process for 2 siblings through DCF. 10/12 Found out we are licensed! 12/14 Brought 3 week old identical twin girls home from the hospital.  Could be at least until Summer 1015 til we know if they are forever ours
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"