May 2012 Moms
Options

UTI?

DS woke up this morning with a fever of 101. When he was on Tylenol he played like normal but when it wore off he got this pitiful cry. By the end of the day it was over 103 without medication. I called the on call nurse this morning and she told me what to do but said if it stayed below 105 to wait until tomorrow to bring him in. There are no other symptoms other than yesterday all day he would grunt and tell me "poopy" but there was nothing there. I thought he might be constipated but when he did poop it looked normal and he went several times. My internet diagnosis is a UTI. Does that make sense? Also, I have kept him off Tylenol since noon to let the fever do its job but I am worried about overnight and it being so high. I am also trying not to panic because if you google fever with no other symptoms it talks about things like cancer. My cousin's son got a brain tumor at two so that hits way to close to home.

Re: UTI?

• Options
    Just got back from the doctor. She said it was viral, not bacterial, and should clear up in a couple days. So it's plenty of rest, fluids, and TLC for us for a couple days.
  • Options
    Yeah that a classic virus! And boys very rarely get uti's. Much more likely a virus like cocsaki or others
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Untitled
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Glad it was a relatively minor diagnosis. Hope he feels better soon!

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"